Clear all

[Solved] Question: Users Responsibility and Owner

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@ebonynsweet)

Hello,

I've read your TOS agreement, and I couldn't find any lines that mentioned “ownership” and Users' responsibilities. Do wpforo users have complete control and ownership over the content posted in their forum? Or do you retain the power to remove, modify or edit forum posts at any time? I understand we must follow local, state, and federal laws; and not post illegal content. But is everything else on the table?

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@ebonynsweet,

Posted by: @ebonynsweet

Do wpforo users have complete control and ownership over the content posted in their forum?

I'm sorry but there is no way to have complete control and ownership over the content posted in any forum. We can remove any content only by the owner request. This is a support forum and the issue you're mentioning is a very rare case here.

wpForo provides with the tools to create forum Rules, Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. You can manage it for your forum according to your country, you can find all options and the template in Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Privacy & Rules Tab. Please read the documentation: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/gdpr/right-to-be-informed/

3 Replies
(@ebonynsweet)

@robert It's not "Rare," in my case. I'm an entertainment blogger. I usually feature music, gossip, trending topics, and onlyfans reviews. Recently, Google Inc./Blogger deleted a blog post on my website that received over 770,000 blog hits and went viral. HipHopDX and 104.5 radio affiliate TheJasmaineBrand featured a link to my blog post in their articles. I received a massive increase in traffic, and my web-host Blogger cited my article as (Spam). But, there was no spam or ads on my blog. So I suspect it was false reporting, or they didn't like the increase in traffic.

As a result, I decided to transfer my entire website from Blogger to WordPress; to avoid any content removals again.

So, I wanted to ensure that I would have more control over the moderation of my content if I were to invest in building a Foro forum.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@ebonynsweet ,

wpForo doesn't have any automatic tool to control the content ownership. 

(@ebonynsweet)

@robert Ok thanks, for answering my questions. Appreciate it.