Clear all

[Closed] Recent Posts Page Improvements Suggestions

6 Posts
6 Users
8 Reactions
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

A lot of members spend time looking at the recent posts page, and I have seen people discussing making the recent posts page auto refresh. This would be cool, but I think with a little bit of design changed, it is possible to make the recent posts page more like a FB or instagram style stream

So post would show up, similar to how the are now, but maybe show some pictures if they have them on the post, a way to like it, and a constant scroll to add more posts as a user scrolls through the list....

How possible is that? I think it would be a big improvement to the recent posts page.,,, maybe?

5 Replies
1 Reply
RealAct
(@realact)

Reputable Member

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

A lot of members spend time looking at the recent posts page, and I have seen people discussing making the recent posts page auto refresh. This would be cool, but I think with a little bit of design changed, it is possible to make the recent posts page more like a FB or instagram style stream

So post would show up, similar to how the are now, but maybe show some pictures if they have them on the post, a way to like it, and a constant scroll to add more posts as a user scrolls through the list....

How possible is that? I think it would be a big improvement to the recent posts page.,,, maybe?

@percysgrowroom I like the idea and I think this feature would be a lot more used if it was spiced up a little more with things such as what you describe and perhaps a slicker modern look to it.

VereK
(@verek)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

make the recent posts page more like a FB or instagram style stream

Better be optional though. Because 🤢 

xfok
 xfok
(@xfok)
Estimable Member

+1 for the recent posts page like Quora or Reddit 

@robert

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Thanks for the suggestion. I added this in the to-do list. We'll work on the improvement of recent posts page.

1 Reply
Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

Hi @robert 

I have customized my recent posts page and use a popover script to display the post content.
Unfortunately, the attachments are not displayed in the popover (cannot view info), whether I am logged in or not.
Can I use a filter to remove the hint so that the attachments are displayed?
And display the quotes correctly instead of displaying the shortcode

https://app.screencast.com/ohitThzaIQVkE

https://www.tutrix.de/forum/neuste-beitraege/