Clear all

Style [Solved] Select Page Navi styling

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Hello. I am a first-time user of WPforo. So far looking good. I came from PhpBB and imported to a test site. A few issues I am having. One is that on some of the threads they are very long and the page selector dropdown with the number of pages gets cut off with the up and down arrows. Can I make these buttons larger so that it is easier for people to see them?

Also when I click on the "Go to last post" and leave and go back it automatically drops back down to the bottom in a thread. Is there a setting for "going to where you were last" that can be turned on and off?

The last question on this one is that in the PhpBB there is a "Leave Comment" box at top and bottom of a thread. This way you can click at the top or bottom to reply to a comment. When you have a log of comments on WPforo you have to scroll a lot to the bottom to get to the box to write in. Any recommendations on this other than reducing the number of people per topic in the settings so you get to the bottom faster?

Thanks so much!

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @jasontoth,

Posted by: @jasontoth

One is that on some of the threads they are very long and the page selector dropdown with the number of pages gets cut off with the up and down arrows. Can I make these buttons larger so that it is easier for people to see them?

Insert this CSS code in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Styles > Custom CSS Code textarea, save it, delete all caches, go to forum front-end and press Ctrl+F5:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-navi select.wpf-navi-dropdown {
    font-size: 20px;
    height: auto;
    line-height: 26px;
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-navi .wpf-navi-wrap .wpf-prev-button {
    font-size: 19px;
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-navi .wpf-navi-wrap .wpf-next-button {
    font-size: 19px;
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-navi .wpf-navi-wrap .wpf-page-info {
    font-size: 16px;
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-navi .wpf-navi-wrap i.fa-chevron-left {
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-navi .wpf-navi-wrap i.fa-chevron-right {
}

Also when I click on the "Go to last post" and leave and go back it automatically drops back down to the bottom in a thread. Is there a setting for "going to where you were last" that can be turned on and off?

I'm sorry but I don't have any solution for this.

The last question on this one is that in the PhpBB there is a "Leave Comment" box at top and bottom of a thread. This way you can click at the top or bottom to reply to a comment. When you have a log of comments on WPforo you have to scroll a lot to the bottom to get to the box to write in. Any recommendations on this other than reducing the number of people per topic in the settings so you get to the bottom faster?

You just need to click the reply or quote button, and it'll show you the reply form, you don't need to scroll page.

1 Reply
(@jasontoth)

Estimable Member

Is there a way to hide the "last post" button if there is no way to fix the fact that when going away and coming back it always drops you to the bottom of the listing?

Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

Dear Robert, Thank you for the warm welcome and all of the help. Makes me feel good about using WPForo. I will leave a good review on the plugin page once I am all done building this.

On the code to make the buttons bigger this worked, however, the dropdown is still being hidden once you select a larger number. Is there a way to move the up and down arrows in the dropdown to the side so that the number is not coving them?

See attached picture of what happens. Thanks so much! Jason

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

s there a way to move the up and down arrows

I'm sorry, but there is no way to do this. This is a browser component, and it's controlled by the browser side.

Topic starter
(@jasontoth)
Estimable Member

I really am a bit confused about these navigation controls with the up & down arrows. In the same browser, Firefox, your support forum just has a number for the page and there is no overlay of the up and down arrows. Same browser, just a different tab, my page numbers have the up and down arrows under the page number that make it hard to read.

If you look at your page https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/paged/385/

you clearly see the 385 in the white box.

On my page for the development site if you look at the 302 you will see the up and down arrows halfway under the "2" in the 302 number.

https://dev.writersofthefuture.com/forum/the-contest-quarterly-topics-and-other-items/new-users-introduce-yourselves/paged/302/

Somehow you managed to clean up your forum. Any ideas I can try?

Page 1 / 2