Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Spam with Akismet and RECAPCHA activated

18 Posts
6 Users
8 Likes
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

I'm using JUST The Shield plugin for all security / spam / fake robots registrations. No Akismet or the unfriendly recaptcha.

Works for me great.

Topic starter
(@srtalop)
Estimable Member

Thanks a lot @verek, @yossik and @anonymous20, so far I will try all your options. Have a nice day.

7 Replies
(@srtalop)

Estimable Member

Just as an update, I tried the IP country blocker and spam got reduced, however still 20 to 30 fake users per day. I tried the Shield and, still spam. Will keep on desperately trying...

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member
Posted by: srtalop

Just as an update, I tried the IP country blocker and spam got reduced, however still 20 to 30 fake users per day. I tried the Shield and, still spam. Will keep on desperately trying...

If those fakes are bots, the Shield definitely IS blocking them. There are TONES of options in the Shield plugin, did you enable them ?

(@srtalop)

Estimable Member

probably not, I am learning the plugin options as we speak. Any suggestions?

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

I will try. I will ONLY cover the login options since there is a LOT to configure in the whole plugin's options. The rest (firewall etc etc is something YOU must invest some time to tune).

1. Disable for a while all recaptcha and akismet.

2. In The Shield / Login Guard options enable "Protect WP Login From Automated Login Attempts By Bots"

That option will put a "I'm Human" checkbox to login/register.

For now do not do anything else. Update us here.

If the above doesn't work for you, there is a option in Login Guard options to Enable Google Recaptcha. Try that AFTER the above fails.

Also it could help if you want and can post a url of your site.

(@srtalop)

Estimable Member

Thanks, the thing is that this action adds the "I´m human" option to the login form, but not to the forum register form. Please see attachment. *spam users are forum members.

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

Thanks, the thing is that this action adds the "I´m human" option to the login form, but not to the forum register form. Please see attachment. *spam users are forum members.

For me it works just fine. Maybe a theme issue ?

(@anonymous20)

Noble Member

Also Spam where ? Comments ? Blog Posts ? Forum Posts ?

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

New registrations also works fine.

1 Reply
(@srtalop)

Estimable Member

Hi @anonymous20, sorry for the very late response. Everything is working fine now. No spam, no bots and the "I am a human" option is active in all forms.

Thanks for your kind help.

Page 2 / 2