Clear all

New Feature [Closed] Suggestion: Jump to last unread post in topic

12 Posts
8 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter
(@power505)
Eminent Member

Before we migrated to wpForo, we were on SMF forum software for years. They had one little useful feature for users - jump to last unread post in the topic. We miss it incredibly. 

Next to the topic title, there was a "NEW" icon that leads you to last unread topic in a thread.  You can find attached screenshot how it looks like. On the left is the "NEW" icon and on the right is an icon that leads on the last post in the topic, just like we have it now in wpForo.

I hope that you will consider this useful feature. The last update with spoiler feature was phenomenal, keep up the good work guys.

11 Replies
1 Reply
(@power505)

Eminent Member
Posted by: @power505

Before we migrated to wpForo, we were on SMF forum software for years. They had one little useful feature for users - jump to last unread post in the topic. We miss it incredibly. 

Next to the topic title, there was a "NEW" icon that leads you to last unread topic post in a thread.  You can find attached screenshot how it looks like. On the left is the "NEW" icon and on the right is an icon that leads on the last post in the topic, just like we have it now in wpForo.

I hope that you will consider this useful feature. The last update with spoiler feature was phenomenal, keep up the good work guys.

There was a mistake in my post.

Thanks, Sofy. Looking forward to that.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @power505,

Thank you for this suggestion. We'll discuss with our team and take into consideration for future updates. 

3 Replies
(@central4allgmail-com)

Prominent Member

@sofy

I had asked the same when i moved here from kunena

only difference is that i want it to go to the oldest post unread,

so members can read all posts.

New mark is a must, special for the last posts widget

(@power505)

Eminent Member
Posted by: @central4allgmail-com

only difference is that i want it to go to the oldest post unread,

Yes, that's it, it should point to oldest unread post.

It's probably too much to ask for it for threaded forums, it's impossible to do it because of the specific structure. But it should be doable for classic and extended forums. Let's hope they do it.

(@hshah)

Trusted Member

@sofy

Any update?

(@central4allgmail-com)
Prominent Member

Still a lot of my members are asking for this function , even if it is almost 10 months since we moved in wpforo.

Did you add it in to do list ? If not is there a way to pay you and make it for me ? OR help us make it ?

PawelK
(@pawelk)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @central4allgmail-com

Still a lot of my members are asking for this function , even if it is almost 10 months since we moved in wpforo.

Did you add it in to do list ? If not is there a way to pay you and make it for me ? OR help us make it ?

We do have the same. Even some users don't want to use forum because of this lack. Is there a chance to have this function?

1 Reply
(@central4allgmail-com)

Prominent Member

@pawelk

I think that wp foro hasnt understand how important is this for a forum, with 100 - 200 - 300 or more posts per day. People are members in many forum and they dont have time to search unread posts to see

This and favorites topics widget makes the forum friendly for users , a member is interested in 2-3 topics comes in reads all new posts and goes out. If he cant do that he will not read 100 posts to find what he is interesting for him and will not return.

I  had asked even to pay for that but no luck.

(@revive)

Has anything happened on that front? 

Page 1 / 2