Thread/Topic Cross-Linking ... is it possible
Hi all, first topic and getting straight down to business! 🙂 I want to find a forum software/app that can link topics. Let me explain ...
I have 3 topic categories: Products, Manufacturers, Reviewers. The purpose of the forum is for members to share experiences of the products, the manufacturers and the reviewers.
As you would expect the manufacturers make the products and the reviewers review the products. So if someone leaves a comment on a product I would like the forum thread to show a link to the thread on the manufacturer, to other threads on products produced by the manufacturer and to threads of any reviewer who has reviewed the product. I do not expect the software to make the links ... I will create the links myself, I would just like the software to have the facility to show the links either automatically once I have made the "join" or have the facility for me to place the links at the top or down the side of the thread for the product. I guess I'm wanting to bring relational database structure to a forum!
I would also like to do likewise for threads on the manufacturers and the reviewers so if anyone opens any thread it will show crosslinks to other related threads.
Maybe it's too tall an ask! 🙁
As far as we understand you need to wpForo – Blog Cross Posting add-on functionality. The add-on can be checked here: https://gvectors.com/product/wpforo-cross-posting/
If not, please try to describe in other words what exactly you want.
Thanks Alvina ... I'll go and check it out
OK ... Alvina, I think it looks great. I've been mulling over my objectives and my current thinking (combined with what I read re Blog Cross Posting add-on). I have attached a schematic of how I picture the categories and their relationship interactions.
Basically it can be described as follows ...
- I will have one page blogs for each Service (Product), each Author (Provider), each Publisher and each Reviewer. Each Product could have many Publishers and could have many Promoters but should have just one Provider,
- Each Product page to have links to the appropriate Provider, Publisher and Reviewer blog pages so that readers can easily refer to other Products they are involved with.
- Each Provider page to have links to all products where they are the Provider.
- Each Publisher page to have links to all products where they are the Publisher.
- Each Reviewer page to have links to all products where they are the Promoter.
- The blog pages will not have a Readers Comments section, they will be contained to the forum to reduce the amount of reader 'noise' distracting from my blog.
- I therefore will want a forum thread for each Product, each Provider, each Publisher and each Reviewer.
- The forum threads to have links back to the relevant blog pages ... Product-Product ... Provider-Provider and Products ... Publisher-Publisher and Products ... Reviewer-Reviewer and Products.
- Also as for the blogs cross reference to each other I would like the forum threads to similarly cross reference to connected threads.
- Whenever I open a new blog page I would want a new forum thread to be opened under the relevant Product and if they don't already exist then new threads for the Provider, Publisher and Reviewer categories in the forum.
Obviously all of that could be achieved manually but would take a lot of work inserting all the links each time and perhaps more so keeping track of the links! I'm wondering if any of that can either be performed automatically by the Blog Cross Posting add-on or assist in doing it manually.
Looking forward to hearing from you.