26 Posts
6 Users
9 Likes
89.2 K Views
Sapere Aude
Topic starter
(@sapere-aude)
Trusted Member

Yes, after installing BuddyPress I soon regretted our decision and we switched back almost immediately. BuddyPress is free and has some of the same functionality, but if you are not adept at theme customization, it is plain ugly. 

1 Reply
(@anonymous3542)

Honorable Member
@sapere-aude isn't that exactly the case - it does look b**t ugly. I'm a developer myself, but am loathed to spend time on a UX that should really already look good out of the box. UM looks very nice indeed, and the core offering is certainly enough for my needs.

Wendell
(@wendell)
Reputable Member

BuddyPress apparently was recently taken over by WP Tavern, so I'm hopeful that some progress will be made on it. It has been stale for years, so I guess we'll see what happens.

1 Reply
(@anonymous3542)

Honorable Member

@wendell and that inevitably means they will start charging for it. Even TML, which has been free for years, is now a paid-for product as of version 7 ! I guess you can't blame people as they need steady income these days, and developing for free isn't a sustainable model. I'm going to look at PeepSO also, but extremely put off by their high cost.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I'm really sorry but we don't have any ETA for UM. There are a lot to do before we could find time for UM integration.

(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member
Posted by: Robert

I'm really sorry but we don't have any ETA for UM. There are a lot to do before we could find time for UM integration.

* sniff * ok... i'll just have to wait !

(@anonymous3542)
Honorable Member

Quick question which would solve an immediate issue. Is there a function that can disable the native wpForo profile settings etc, and pass this to UM instead ? I have some settings available in UM that I need for my website.

Thanks

Page 2 / 5