Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] User Mentioning v1.4.3 - limited to one mention per post?

9 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter
(@veganostomy)
Estimable Member

It seems that mentioning multiple users with the @usermention feature will only work with the last person mentioned. 

The idea of using @usermentions effectively is to reply to multiple users in a single reply, but it seems that you still have to mention each person in their own reply.

Will this be fixed? 

8 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Please note that we don't use username for mentioning. This is the nicename, you can change it in My Profile Account page. Also please make sure each @nicename is free from all chars around. For example @nicename. and @nicename! will not work. It should be @nicename . and @nicename !

Topic starter
(@veganostomy)
Estimable Member
Posted by: Robert

Also please make sure each @nicename is free from all chars around. For example @nicename. and @nicename! will not work. 

Thanks for explaining. So it should work to notify multiple users who were mentioned in a single post? 

I believe a comma was used to separate the @nicename of each, which is perhaps why it didn't work for the first several users.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This will not work: @nicename, @nicename, @nicename,

This will work fine: @nicename , @nicename , @nicename

We'll make it more intuitive in future releases so such symbols will be ignored in case they are close.

1 Reply
(@maria-frankfurt)

Hi Robert,

I also have a problem regarding the email notification of users who are mentioned by their nicenames in a post. 

It seems that email notification sometimes works correctly, sometimes not. 

We tested everything. Also we made sure that there are no characters before or after the @nicename - as you pointed out in the post above. 

We have no idea, why the same user sometimes recieves an email notification and sometimes not. 

Can you help?

Thank you!

Maria

Topic starter
(@veganostomy)
Estimable Member

Wonderful, thanks for the explanation!  I'm hoping to see an auto-complete feature where the user only has to type the @ and it will fill in the nicename as they type. Some of my users have a different nicename/username and it's not intuitive currently. 

Page 1 / 2