Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] wpForo 2.0: possible to limit access to a board by usergroup(s)?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@golabs)
Eminent Member

I like the concept of multiple boards but is there a way to limit the access to a board?

I haven't seen anything pointing into this direction yet on the overall or board settings pages so I think this is not yet available out of the box. Is there perhaps a snippet I could use instead for this?

What I want to do is... I'd like to limit the access to a board for exclusive usage by moderators and admins.

And another board with the admins, moderators and a handful of users which I'd like to assign to a custom secondary usergroup for this purpose.

So access limitation on (secondary) usergroup level would do for me.

5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @golabs,

Open the current boards, Forums Admin Page.

Edit the Category/Forum and set No Access for those usergroups which you don't want to have access in that Board from Forum Permissions Field:

4 Replies
(@golabs)

Eminent Member

@chris thanks for the swift reply.

I'm aware how to do it on a Forum level.

Is it also possible to do it on a Board level so that all the Forums within the Board will "inherit" the Board permissions? (I would say that Board permissions will/should be checked prior to Forum permissions.) 

That's pretty much the only 100% fool proof way to ensure that an admin/mod won't miss out on setting the permissions when adding a new Forum in the future.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@golabs,

I'm sorry, but there is no permission settings for the whole board. You should set the permission for each category and forum.

(@golabs)

Eminent Member

@robert clear.

Is it perhaps an idea to register this as a feature request?

I can see the benefit of it for more people than just me 🙂

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@golabs,

This cannot be done, boards are not forums, they are just simple pages, they cannot be attached to wpForo forum access system.