Clear all

[Closed] wpForo Forum 1.9.9.1

12 Posts
6 Users
9 Reactions
Topic starter
(@hector)
Estimable Member
  • Release Info: This is a not planned release to fix some important conflicts and to add some hooks for WooCommerce Memberships plugin integration.
  • Fixed Bug: We were getting lots of reports about a serious conflict with bbPress plugin. People install wpForo to test it while they still use bbPress. In this case the topic creation doesn’t work. wpForo generates errors once the topic is submitted. This conflict has been fixed with this version.
  • New Addon: wpForo – WooCommerce Memberships Integration. In the meantime we’ve got a request for WooCommerce Memberships integration addon, this addon is also released with wpForo 1.9.9.1 version.

IMPORTANT NOTES for UPDATE

• After the update, please delete all caches.
Topic Tags
11 Replies
selsebil
(@selsebil)
Estimable Member

When I see new release info in my dashboard, I got excited thinking that wpforo 2.0 came. But it was not 🙄. I appreciate your efforts.

Sincerely

Vít Hofman
(@vit-hofman)
Estimable Member

Exactly the same. My eyes lit up incredibly. I didn't expect anything after 1.9.9 to be anything other than 2.0 😀
Terrible underbelt this 😀
But I believe that 2.0 will be the perfect Christmas gift for the community 🙂

(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

I am using version 1.9.7 because of problems i had with version 1.9.8

DOes this version fix those problems? Am I safe to update again? 

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Hi @percysgrowroom,

The issue you had with 1.9.8+ version is not fixed in 1.9.9.1. This was not a bug, but these changes were not compatible with your server, MariaDB. So We don't recommend going to 1.9.9.1 version. We'd recommend wait for 2.0 version, we'll have two type of SQLs so you'll not have such problems.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert Cool, thanks for the info mate 🙂

Topic starter
(@hector)
Estimable Member

I see that there is a lot of expectation with the arrival of wpForo 2.0, why?

5 Replies
(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@hector It is going to be more like live updates, rather than posting sending and having to refresh screen, comment should be seen right away with AJAX. 

There should also be a Wpforo cha coming too. Some big upgrades to take the software to the next level! ITs going to be game changing! 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @percysgrowroom

@hector It is going to be more like live updates, rather than posting sending and having to refresh screen, comment should be seen right away with AJAX. 

There should also be a Wpforo cha coming too. Some big upgrades to take the software to the next level! ITs going to be game changing! 

Well, as long as it remains relatively "light" and it doesn't become a huge monster.

Since this is usually the trap most complicated plugins/software fell in.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@dimalifragis oooof, hope not mate! But I know it is in capable hands, the team here always do great work! 

I hope it turns out good! 

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member
Posted by: @percysgrowroom

@dimalifragis oooof, hope not mate! But I know it is in capable hands, the team here always do great work! 

I hope it turns out good! 

Creating a huge and heavy plugin is not related to the capabilities of the programmers, but usually a marketing thing.

And if a plugin/application has a lot A LOT of features, it becomes heavy no matter what.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@dimalifragis You know better than I do mate, I willing to carry a little more weight though lol 😉 

I am just eager for the wpforo chat! Thats the one im waiting on the most