Clear all

[Closed] Wpforo and Yoast sitemap = critical error

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@marcoduv)

Hi,

I’m having a critical error 500 on the XML Sitemap generated by Yoast (Version 19.9).

https://inneasoft.com/sitemap_index.xml

As you can try the post-sitemap.xml works fine but page-sitemap.xml give me a critical error. 500

When wpforo is disabled i don’t have this issue.

I tried to disabled all seo options on wpforo but this doesn’t fix the problem.

I enabled wp_debug and get this error:

[24-Oct-2022 13:30:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_option_items_per_page() on null in /home/customer/www/inneasoft.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php:791 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/inneasoft.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/includes/hooks.php(211): wpforo\wpforo->init_current_object() #1 /home/customer/www/inneasoft.com/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(356): wpforo\wpforo->{closure}(Array, '', 'wpforo') #2 [internal function]: do_shortcode_tag(Array) #3 /home/customer/www/inneasoft.com/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(228): preg_replace_callback('/\\[(\\[?)(wpforo...', 'do_shortcode_ta...', '[wpforo]') #4 /home/customer/www/inneasoft.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php(3012): do_shortcode('[wpforo]') #5 /home/customer/www/inneasoft.com/public_html/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(356): ET_Builder_Element->_render(Array, '[wpforo]', 'et_pb_text') #6 [internal function]: do_shortcode_tag(Array) #7 /home/customer/www/inneasoft.c in /home/customer/www/inneasoft.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/wpforo.php on line 791

Do you have any ideas how to fix that error?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Regards

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@marcoduv,

Please edit the forum page and make sure the forum page and make sure the forum page has not been built by some page builder plugin. It seems the forum page is being rendered by some page builder plugin and causes lots of error. When Yoast reach the forum page it generates an error in the sitemap.

Also, let me know whether the Yoast is the free version.

Topic starter
(@marcoduv)

Hi,
We are using DIVI Builder. But i think it should be compatible. In our previous website we used DIVI and WPforo and we never had problems.

Yes it is the free version of Yoast.

Regards,

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@marcoduv,

This is not a compatibility issue, this is a reverse of plugin hook locations. Page builders call wpForo shortcode in incorrect level of hooks when it's called in the sitemap not in regular page. So I recommend remove all page building solutions for forum page and use the native WordPress editor.

Also, try to disable all other plugins and test ti again, it could be some conflict with other plugins as well.

Topic starter
(@marcoduv)

Hi,
I did some tests on a staging website.
I don't have the critical error when either I disable wpforo or disable DIVI theme.

I also tried to set the forum page to "No index" and this work as well.

So... I went for this last option...

Regards

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

This post is JUST FOR HELP and give a HINT of what is wrong.

So when i updated to wpForo 2, i saw that my SEO plugin (SEO FRAMEWORK) didn't work right. It was OVERWRITING wpForo2 seo. The author of SEO FRAMEWORK didn't want to solve this issue.

So i switched to SEOPRESS and i had the same (more or less) error as yours. Read it here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/crash-when-trying-page-sitemap1-xml/

And a fix was provided to me by SEOPRESS. So maybe it is the very same.

I think NO SEO plugin works with wpForo2 out of the box and i guess this is something that should be fixed from the wpForo2 side. But 99% of users do not know that.

Page 1 / 2