Clear all

A bit slow

34 Posts
5 Users
14 Reactions
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Posted by: @danniee

My host tweaked my server so the site is super fast now even though it's a big site with over 7k members and hundreds of thousands of visitors.

Do you have any idea what they did mate? It would be good to speed mine up, it can take ten seconds sometimes, far too long 

1 Reply
(@danniee)

Honorable Member

@percysgrowroom don't listen to that guy about LScache, it's bollocks. I use LScache myself along with object cache and my site is lightning fast. A cached page loads in the blink of an eye and uncached page typically loads within 25-40ms according to my query monitor.

It's Wpforo that is the slowest element on my website. Posting a comment with Wpdiscuz is so fast I don't even have time to register what happened, but posting a Wpforo forum post takes up to 3 seconds sometimes. It's even slower for me on this site.

My host didn't do anything special really. I think generally they just moved me to a faster more optimized server. Having a fast server is very important but even that does not automatically make Wpforo fast. It's quite sluggish actually.

Like you said, in these times people are impatient, they want posting to be ultra fast. I do believe that if post commenting can be as fast as it is, then forum posting should too? Both plugins are basically from the same company?

Edit: again I notice on this very site that posting takes a good 4-6 seconds but editing a post is fairly fast.

(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Ok so I had a thought..... Is it not possible to rearrange how the emails are sent out? Like the post goes up, then the emails are put into CRON and sent out at an interval? This may speed up how things are posted? 

It can take up to ten seconds sometimes on big thread on my forum for a post to be posted. Its just too long, something has to be done about the posting times. No other forum software is this slow when people post. Surely there is something that can be done

1 Reply
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

Ok so I had a thought..... Is it not possible to rearrange how the emails are sent out? Like the post goes up, then the emails are put into CRON and sent out at an interval? This may speed up how things are posted? 

It can take up to ten seconds sometimes on big thread on my forum for a post to be posted. Its just too long, something has to be done about the posting times. No other forum software is this slow when people post. Surely there is something that can be done

https://wordpress.org/plugins/gd-mail-queue/

Page 3 / 3