Clear all

[Solved] Likes and users stats issues upon upgrade from v1.9.9.2 to v2.3.3

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@golabs)
Trusted Member

Today I finally started migrating my wpForo installation to the current version and noticed that the _wpforo_likes table has disappeared from the database.

Is that an expected part of the upgrade flow or did something funky happen?

I do have a backup of the table in case it's supposed to be still there.

--

Also I see strange delta's to the user stats after running the 'update user statistics' script.

Btw - I also ran it on the old version before making the database backup.

7 Replies
Topic starter
(@golabs)
Trusted Member

Perhaps good to give some additional details:

• WordPress 6.4.3
    • as multisite installation with subfolders
    • wpForo is active on the blog on subfolder: /forum/

Activated wpForo add-ons at the time of the upgrade:

• wpForo - Topic Prefix & Tag Manager 3.2.4
  • wpForo Embeds 3.0.9
  • wpForo Private Messages 3.1.2
  • wpForo User Mentioning 3.3.3

All customizations of the wpForo theme in my (child) theme folder were removed.

I've cleared all the caches prior to the upgrade.

'No Problems Found in Database' prior -and- after the upgrade.

6 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@golabs

Please navigate to the wpForo > Tools > Database Tables Tab, find and click the [Repair] button. 

(@golabs)

Trusted Member

@sofy already done that as well... but no result for both the user stats issue and the likes issue. Any other suggestions?

For the likes issue I can understand it as the table disappeared during the upgrade to wpForo2. Is the removal of the likes table as per roadmap of the upgrade to wpForo2? Or did something odd happen during the upgrade of my instance?

(@golabs)

Trusted Member

@sofy I copied back the backup of the likes table. That resolves the likes issue.

What surprises me is that Tools > Database Tables doesn't show the likes table in the overview at all... Is that perhaps the reason that I continously see the 'No Problems Found in Database' statement?

--

I also re-ran the database repair option on the Tools page but the user stats issue still remains :S

(@golabs)

Trusted Member

@sofy okay - update on the likes issue... after copying back the original likes table the table disappeared again. I now figured out that it got imported into the reactions table where they ended up as duplicate entries. After running the update user stats the likes now show up (and not even with the double count, that said I removed the duplicate entries to be sure for the future).

The user stats issue, they are still off for the numbers other than the likes but perhaps that is due to the fact that the database seems to have changed to an alternative set of columns, perhaps the calculation methods did change with it... is that something you would be able to confirm?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@golabs,

Starting from wpForo version 2.X.X, the wpforo_likes table no longer exists. It has been replaced by the wpforo_reactions table. All old likes are migrated to the wpforo_reactions table automatically upon updating the wpForo version, without any issues.

So, you don't need to look for the wpforo_likes table; just pay attention to whether the data exists or not.

Additionally, once you've updated the plugin, you should go to Dashboard > wpForo > Dashboard, and click on each button in the "Forum Maintenance" section one by one

(@golabs)

Trusted Member

@sofy I figured that out as well as you can see in my previous post and the attachment. The way the metrics are stored also changed (now in 5 columns vs only 4 columns in v1.9.x) so their must have been something done to the calculation as well. I reckon issue roots from there.

(Don't spent too much time on this topic though, a once off change of statistics is something I can life with.)