Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Password problem i think

20 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@lvlasked)
Estimable Member

right everyone still having this problem, they all are resetting there password with forgotton password they sign in ok then when they log out and try to log back in says password it wrong, and they are asked to reset it again,

these are all the uses that are transfered from the phpbb forum

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@lvlasked,

We've just checked on your website one more time, and don't find such an issue. Everything works fine. 

Topic starter
(@lvlasked)
Estimable Member

well its not for all the users that where transfered over from the phpbb database, could it be a possible internet cookie problem ? as the old forum and wordpress are in the same folder so im guessing would have the same cookie names

7 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

@lvlasked,

Please record some video with the issue and leave it here, to allow us to check it.

(@lvlasked)

Estimable Member

@alvina i just want to no how i up the "Maximum allowed file size is 10MB" because atm if videos to large in file size they dont upload so you can only upload 30s videos

Alvina
(@alvina)

@lvlasked,

For the core wpForo plugin just navigate to the Dashboard > Forums > Seiings > Topics & Posts admin page, find and increase the "Maximum upload file size" value. More info here: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/wpforo-settings/topic-post-settings/#max-file-size

For the wpForoAdvanced Attachments add-on, just go to the Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Addons > Attachments admin page, find "Maximum File Size" and change it.

Also please note you can not set those values more than “upload_max_filesize” and post_max_size”. If you want to increase server parameters please contact to your hosting service support.

(@lvlasked)

Estimable Member

@alvina 

fronm every member thats been migrtated from my phpbb  forum

"First time I tried it seemed to go through ok and accepted the new password but when I tried to login it told me either the user name or password was incorrect, I have tried again several times since but when I submit the new password it just tells me the key is invalid "

this isnt good because members just said they not coming back now

(@lvlasked)

Estimable Member

@alvina i carnt record the issuse because iots happening to other members and there old and not great but its only happening to members that have moved over from the phpbb forum, they reset there password then when they try to log in again it dosnt allow them to they have to reset there password again most have gave up so i have lost members now and the ones that didnt had to do it 2-3 times

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@lvlasked,

Please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address I'll ask the developers to check the issue for you. 

(@lvlasked)

Estimable Member

@sofy i sorted the issue i have to manually go thought the users and click them as registered

Page 2 / 2