4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@lorias_)
Eminent Member

Good day,

I didn't know which prefix belongs to my problem, so I put it here ^^''

my users often have the problem that when they set a topic to private, they can no longer find it when they go back to the forum. They have to make a detour via the profile, search for the post there to get to it. After clearing the cache this problem is temporarily gone for one try, then it occurs again. The users are permanently logged in, there is not the problem.

Another problem is the display of how many topics / posts are in a "section". Once some are privatized, you can't even see with admin right that there is a post there. Thus, we are often thinking that no new post was created there by the users

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @lorias_,

Posted by: @lorias_

my users often have the problem that when they set a topic to private, they can no longer find it when they go back to the forum. They have to make a detour via the profile, search for the post there to get to it. After clearing the cache this problem is temporarily gone for one try, then it occurs again. The users are permanently logged in, there is not the problem.

This is Cache issue, exclude wpForo from your Cache Plugin.
FAQ Topic about Cache: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/#post-37150

Posted by: @lorias_

Another problem is the display of how many topics / posts are in a "section". Once some are privatized, you can't even see with admin right that there is a post there. Thus, we are often thinking that no new post was created there by the users

Navigate to wpForo > Accesses and check your Forum Access options, Can view private topic option should be enabled for Full Access, and disabled for Standard Access, but Can set own topic private option can be enabled for Standard access.

For example, the Full Access should have enabled all options and used for admins

Topic starter
(@lorias_)
Eminent Member

The settings are all set as named, this should all be correct. Nevertheless, we do not see the posts in the window. I have attached a screenshot. I have full permissions in the forum, also the named from just now.

As for the cache, I know of no cache plugin with us. Unless Elementor has a built in function. I'll do a little searching on this and get back to you if necessary!

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@lorias_,

ok, let us know.