wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Unread topics not going to first unread post

19 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
(@martin)
Support Team
Posted by: @sazdoes

It's not working.

I reed all posts but still all is confusing.

What are you looking for and why you think this configuration still doesn't work 100%?

• Yes | Log Viewed Forums and Topics
  • Yes | Track Forum and Topic Current Viewers
  • Yes | Topic Links Jump to First Unread Post
  • No | Jump to First Unread Post with [new] Button in Topic Link

Why you think it should not have #post-id at the end? What is wrong with that? It designed to show the #post-id, so it is correct. I cannot follow you. Please try to explain with a few sentences (not a large text) and make sure the options are configured like it's mentioned above.

sazdoes
Topic starter
(@sazdoes)
Trusted Member

The problem is, half of the time it's nót having a post-id, so it just goes to the first message of the thread. I don't think it should not have a post-id, I'm sorry if it sounded like that.

And even if it hás a post-id, it just goes to the first message, not to the post from the id.

We're testing it now on a new installation, only wp and wpforo and in the beginning it went fine. Then someone hit the Mark All Read button and then it just goes totally random.
Does it have something to do with having posted yourself in the thread or not? Sometimes it looks like after the MAR-button you have to post first in the thread to get good results again.

I'm sorry, but I'm testing with 10-12 people now and we all experience the same problems.

sazdoes
Topic starter
(@sazdoes)
Trusted Member

A rephrase of my last message, I hope to make it more clear.

----------------------

We experience 3 problems where I am not sure if they are related or not

1. Users have a list of unread topics. About 50% of these topics have an url without a post-id, so it just goes to the first message of the thread. 

2. From the list of unread topics, for topics that do have a post-id, it just goes to the first message, not to the post from the id. This only happens if the topic has more then 1 page of messages

3. We're testing it now on a new installation, only wp and wpforo and in the beginning it went fine. Then someone hit the Mark All Read button and then it just goes totally random.
Does it have something to do with having posted yourself in the thread or not? Sometimes it looks like after the MAR-button you have to post first in the thread to get good results again.

---------------------

If you want I can send credentials for my testforum.

sazdoes
Topic starter
(@sazdoes)
Trusted Member

A quick update on this. We now know for sure it's a plug-in that is interfering. We are currently narrowing down which one it is, and of course I will post the name of the plug-in when we know.

sazdoes
Topic starter
(@sazdoes)
Trusted Member

We found the cause. It was the usersync.

We were using PeepSo wpForo Integration by Craftpress for syncing the profiles. Around Christmas this was giving random messages to the notification system from Peepso, and i think our "unread" problem started by then.
I've deactivated of course and now we are using the PeepSo wpForo Integration from WbCOM.
The Craftpress website is also inactive so maybe they stopped working on this plug-in?

There's also another plug-in that is not entirely of our "suspect list".
That's Blog Designer - Post and Widget.

Thank you so much for helping us and for your patience! Very much appreciated!

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@sazdoes,

Nice! You did a great job finding the reason of such a specific issue. Thank you for letting us know.

Page 3 / 3