Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] User posts moderated past threshold when assigned new usergroup

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@contentmgr)

I used my account "jonesDN2020" as a test to what I was seeing with others. I have over 1300 posts and changed my usergroup. I moderated the initial threshold of new replies and the moderation continues. It seems the group change sets a flag that does not look at existing posts and since it is well past the threshold will never kick in to take the member out of moderation. 

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @contentmgr,

You are talking about User is New (under hard spam control) during first [X] posts option?

3 Replies
(@contentmgr)

@chris Yes, that is set to three. I guess I am just confused as to how just changing my role to community member which is an extension of guest is causing this. I have a dozen or so users that have been on the forums with hundreds of posts with the same issue. I also have some new members that have dozens of posts that this is occurring for.  One of them is a test account I setup.  Any help is appreciated.

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@contentmgr,

Please make a screenshot of your spam settings, and navigate to Usergroups admin Page, edit the needed Usergroup and make sure that the Can Pass Moderation option is enable.

(@contentmgr)

@chris Thanks! I found the issue with your help. We have new users being dumped in the Community Members group which does not allow "Can pass moderation". I will need to create a new group for NEW members to be dumped in and then allow the "Can pass moderation" on the existing community members group.