Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] 403 Error with Color Text

6 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@shawn_allison)

Hello everyone, i really hope someone can assist as i can not find any instance of anyone having this same issue.

When i change the color of the text in a post it displays just fine in preview but gives me a 403 error when i try to post. Im using LightSpeed Cache and have the rejected URLs configured. Ive also purged everything and even deactivated the the plugin but the issue persists. 

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Topic starter
(@shawn_allison)

The same issue with underlining. Bold and italics are fine but underlining causes a 403 error.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@shawn_allison,

Registered in your website need to be approved.

Topic starter
(@shawn_allison)

done, thank you!

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@shawn_allison,

Just created a new topic changed the colors of the text, used bold, italic, underline. And didn't get any issues.

Try to make a video how you get the 403 error, and also check this Post about 403 error a*s well: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-403-forbidden-error-in-wordpress/

Topic starter
(@shawn_allison)

i really appreciate your help and you are right. the problem is resolved and i've also identified the culprit. My provider implements ModSecurity which has wreaked random havoc on my site before. Coincidentally i disabled it shortly after i posted here for an unrelated issue with Elementor which is why there was no issue when you tried. I re-enabled ModSecurity in order to recreate the issue and made a screen recording. I don't know if this is a known issue or not but i thought it wouldn't hurt to share the issue. Unfortunately, i have no control over ModSecurity in Cpanel other than on/off. Thanks again for your quick help! Much appreciated!