Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Forums visible to Admin but not other users

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@skinerd)

Hi, Since updating to version 2 I’ve been having some issues.

Currently, all the forum topics are visible to me as the admin but other users are unable to see them. When I login with a test user I can’t see them until I delete the forum cache. Then they appear briefly… but they are gone again the next time I login. 

5 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @skinerd,

Please exclude wpForo From your cache plugin.

Check wpForo and Cache Plugins FAQ Topic: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wpforo-and-cache-plugins/#post-37150

And also make sure that your user's usergroup is set to standard Access in the Forums Categories/Forums > Forum Permission field.

Topic starter
(@skinerd)

Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried both of those things. In fact, I’ve disabled the caching plugin for the moment. 

I’ve discovered it only happens for certain users but not others, even though they have the same user role. The user roles aren’t syncing properly for those who can’t see the forums. It just says ‘user synced’ like the attached image. 

Topic starter
(@skinerd)

I can delete the cache or re-sync the users, and the forums become temporarily visible… but as soon as the user logs out and logs back in, they disappear again.

Topic starter
(@skinerd)

Please help, my forums have been down for several days now, and my members are getting restless!

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@skinerd,

Try only by deleting cache, if that makes the topics appear, you need to find out the plugin which caches the forum.