Notifications
Clear all

Any Developers out there who can customize wpForo for me?

6 Posts
4 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@dronebot-workshop)
Trusted Member

I desperately need a method of limiting the number of posts that a user can create in a day.

I have a couple of forum users who feel the need to respond to EVERY posts, whether or not they have something intelligent to say, and it is ruining the experience for other members. They hijack every thread and provide no useful value to the forum. I have had several complaints and people quitting the forum because of this. I can't ban them, as they really haven't violated any rules.

I would like to be able to limit the number of posts they can create. It would be great to be able to do it on a per-user basis, but a per-group basis would also work.

There was a post here 5 years ago about this, and in it wpForo member @sofy said that you would need to find developers to customize this. So that's what I need (unless someone has a great suggestion for doing this).

Does anyone here do this type of work, or know of someone who does? Or is there someone at wpForo who can add this feature for me for a reasonable cost?

Thank you

Topic Tags
5 Replies
 fawp
(@fawp)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @dronebot-workshop

Does anyone here do this type of work, or know of someone who does?

I understand that wpForo now offer paid support too. Check out their offering - they should be able to provide what you need.

Topic starter
(@dronebot-workshop)
Trusted Member

Actually, I wasn't aware of that - I now see they offer "Customization & Integration" services. I will contact them for more information.

(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @dronebot-workshop,

Please check out this page: https://wpforo.com/pro-support/#customization

2 Replies
(@dronebot-workshop)

Trusted Member

@martin I did check it out and filled in the form for a quote; however, nobody has replied to me!

😥

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@dronebot-workshop ,

Please wait for 1-2 days, they will respond as soon as possible.