Clear all

[Closed] Avatar and Profile Cover Image blurry

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Hi there. Sorry I can see this has been asked before but cannot see an answer that I understand. When I am uploading a photo to my avatar and cover image, they are very blurry. I have tried downloading a variety of sizes and formats and they are all the same. These are images from canva. 

Does anyone know what size is optimal for these image types?

Thanks

Lisa

11 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @lisayoung,

It depends on the maximum width of your page content area. In most cases, the full width is from 900px up to 1200px. So the width should be up to 1200px for full width pages. If you have a sidebar, then the 900px is more than enough.

• Min width 700px (page with sidebar), 1200px (full width page).
  • Min height 200px (page with sidebar), 400px (full width page).

The approximate aspect ratio of the cover image is 3:1

BTW, the CSS is will fit all size of images to the category background area, so you can attach any size of image as well.

Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Thank you Chris! I just tried those dimensions but unfortunately sill blurry. So frustrating, and I know it will frustrate my members too. I don't know why I am having so many issues. I will keep playing. 

Do you have any guidance on the avatar also which is very blurry?

Thanks 🙂

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@lisayoung,

Please profide forum URL.

Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

It is inside a membership so I have just temporarily unlocked the page for you to have a look. it is http://yourhrhq.co.nz/community

Thanks so much, really appreciate your quick response and assistance 🙂

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@lisayoung,

As you see by the IMG link, the quality is not high. So wpForo cannot do anything there.

https://yourhrhq.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/wpforo/covers/infoexceedhrconz_219488961.jpg ?lm=1676629222
Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Sorry I am not sure what you mean? Is this quality issue something that I should check with Wordpress?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@lisayoung,

Sorry, my bad, edited my post.
Copy the link in the above post and open in a new browser tab. You will see that the IMG is not high quality.

Page 1 / 2