Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Hi there,

Is it possible to edit/remove sections from the profiles? For example;

I do not want to have the following options available:

• Occupation
  • Social Networks
  • Password (this is part of a membership so they change their password elsewhere and this will be confusing for them)

I would also like to change the spelling of 'favored' as it is not spelt like that here in New Zealand

Β 

If anyone can support me with guidance to make those changes it would be much appreciated πŸ™‚

Β 

Thanks!

Lisa

Β 

7 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@lisayoung,

Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Colors & Styles Tab, and insert the below CSS Code in Custom CSS Code field:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile-account .wpf-field.wpf-field-type-text.wpf-field-name-occupation,
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile-account .wpf-table .wpf-field.wpf-field-type-html[title="Social Networks"],
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile-account .wpf-table .wpf-row-facebook.wpf-row-linkedin.wpf-row-instagram.wpf-row-vkontakte,
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile-account .wpf-table .wpf-row-twitter.wpf-row-youtube.wpf-row-telegram.wpf-row-skype,
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile-account .wpf-table .wpf-field.wpf-field-type-password.wpf-field-name-user_pass.wpf-field-required,
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile .wpforo-profile-home .wpf-table .wpf-field[title="Social Networks"]{
    display: none;
}
1 Reply
(@lisayoung)

Trusted Member

@chris Sorry is there also a code to remove the email section? I tried to replicate one from your code above but it did not work?

Β 

Thanks so much!

Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Ah you are actually amazing, that worked perfectly. Am I able to also change the spelling of 'favored' on the top menu, or even better change it to 'favourites'?

Β 

Thanks so much!

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@lisayoung,

Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > phrases, find Favored phrase and edit it by you need.

Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Thanks Chris that is great, lots to change in there which is awesome. 'Favored' is unfortunately not in my list to edit though, and I changed 'add topic' to 'start discussion' which doesn't seemed to have worked.Β 

Any ideas why that may be?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@lisayoung,

Press Add New, and Write in the Original field Favored

Then Delete All Caches from wpForo > Overview admin page.

Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Perfect, that worked. Your amazing thanks!