Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Hi there,

Is it possible to edit/remove sections from the profiles? For example;

I do not want to have the following options available:

• Occupation
  • Social Networks
  • Password (this is part of a membership so they change their password elsewhere and this will be confusing for them)

I would also like to change the spelling of 'favored' as it is not spelt like that here in New Zealand

If anyone can support me with guidance to make those changes it would be much appreciated 🙂

Thanks!

Lisa

7 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

@lisayoung,

Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Settings > Colors & Styles Tab, and insert the below CSS Code in Custom CSS Code field:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile-account .wpf-field.wpf-field-type-text.wpf-field-name-occupation,
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile-account .wpf-table .wpf-field.wpf-field-type-html[title="Social Networks"],
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile-account .wpf-table .wpf-row-facebook.wpf-row-linkedin.wpf-row-instagram.wpf-row-vkontakte,
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile-account .wpf-table .wpf-row-twitter.wpf-row-youtube.wpf-row-telegram.wpf-row-skype,
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile-account .wpf-table .wpf-field.wpf-field-type-password.wpf-field-name-user_pass.wpf-field-required,
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-profile .wpforo-profile-home .wpf-table .wpf-field[title="Social Networks"]{
    display: none;
}
1 Reply
(@lisayoung)

Trusted Member

@chris Sorry is there also a code to remove the email section? I tried to replicate one from your code above but it did not work?

Thanks so much!

Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Ah you are actually amazing, that worked perfectly. Am I able to also change the spelling of 'favored' on the top menu, or even better change it to 'favourites'?

Thanks so much!

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@lisayoung,

Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > phrases, find Favored phrase and edit it by you need.

Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Thanks Chris that is great, lots to change in there which is awesome. 'Favored' is unfortunately not in my list to edit though, and I changed 'add topic' to 'start discussion' which doesn't seemed to have worked. 

Any ideas why that may be?

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@lisayoung,

Press Add New, and Write in the Original field Favored

Then Delete All Caches from wpForo > Overview admin page.

Topic starter
(@lisayoung)
Trusted Member

Perfect, that worked. Your amazing thanks!