Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Avatars disappeared

13 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@isabelg)

Like I said, the avatars were working before but all of a sudden some users started getting those little question marks and as far as I know, we haven't changed any avatar settings  ☹️ 

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team
Posted by: IsabelG

Like I said, the avatars were working before but all of a sudden some users started getting those little question marks and as far as I know, we haven't changed any avatar settings  ☹️ 

It means this you've done something recently. You should remember it. Have you changed Forum Accesses or usergroup permissions? Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups admin page, edit all usergroups, make sure the "Can upload avatar" and "Can view avatar" permissions are enabled then save them. After this navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click on [Delete all Caches] button.

If it doesn't work please disable other plugins (especially WP User Avatar, other recent updated / installed). Delete website cache, then forum cache and test it again.

(@isabelg)

Posted by: Robert
Posted by: IsabelG

It means this you've done something recently. You should remember it. Have you changed Forum Accesses or usergroup permissions? Please navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups admin page, edit all usergroups, make sure the "Can upload avatar" and "Can view avatar" permissions are enabled then save them. After this navigate to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click on [Delete all Caches] button.

If it doesn't work please disable other plugins (especially WP User Avatar, other recent updated / installed). Delete website cache, then forum cache and test it again.

We haven't changed forum accesses or usergroup permissions. All usergroups seem to have those permissions enabled. I deactivated WP User Avatar and nothing. 

What I did notice is that the identicon works fine and very few other images. So what I'm wondering is if maybe it's a jpeg or png issue? I attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

I guess after deactivating other plugins and WP User Avatar you've forgotten to click on [Delete all caches] button in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page.

Also I need to see that page on screenshot to debug the image source URL. The members page is closed, please open it temporary or send some admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address.

1 Reply
(@isabelg)

Posted by: Robert

I guess after deactivating other plugins and WP User Avatar you've forgotten to click on [Delete all caches] button in Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard admin page.

Also I need to see that page on screenshot to debug the image source URL. The members page is closed, please open it temporary or send some admin login details to support[at]gvectors.com email address.

Thank you, I will send the email...But first, there is a Wordpress update that I'm planning to do soon. Should I do that first and see if it fixes the issue before trying anything else?

Page 2 / 2