Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Can't Log In to Forum

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@moonshadows)
Trusted Member

I had a member contact me this morning saying she can't log in. She puts her credentials in and clicks "Sign In", but the page still says Register/Login at the top. I tested it by logging myself out, and had the same experience when I tried to log in again. (I was only able to log back in to the forum by logging back in to my WP admin.) Please advise.

wpforo support already has an account on my forum from previous troubleshooting the past few days, so perhaps you can see what happens when you try to log in.

Forum: https://fiddlingforolderfolks.com/community/

9 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @moonshadows,

We're not able to log in via the Dashboard as well. Are you sure they are still available? 

Topic starter
(@moonshadows)
Trusted Member

@Sofy, I assume you mean the admin dashboard. All is still available and the same as yesterday. I have made no changes. I will resend admin credentials to info[at]gvectors.com now.

If you mean the Forum Dashboard, support is still a member from yesterday. Your login is "support" and your password is whatever you set.

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

ok @moonshadows, thank you

It seems I've found the problem maker. I think it comes from the jetpack "Prove your humanity" settings. When I try to log in it sometimes shows sometimes not. This is the reason for the issue. Please disable the jetpack "Prove your humanity" for the wpForo login page. 

The screenshot is attached below. 

Topic starter
(@moonshadows)
Trusted Member

@Sofy. Yes, I know what you are talking about. The "prove your humanity" sometimes appears, sometimes doesn't, but it has never prevented anyone (even me) from signing in. I will disable it now, and see if it helps.

BTW...the "prove your humanity" has NEVER worked right when you try to put the sum in the box. I do think I kept it b/c if taken away, the recaptcha disappears, too.

Topic starter
(@moonshadows)
Trusted Member

@Sofy

Really strange! I removed the "prove your humanity" box, but to do that I had to disable the Brute force attack protection in JetPack. I really don't want that disabled, so I enabled it again, and despite the "prove your humanity" box reappearing, I was able to log in to the forum.

Must a been some kind of hiccup. Never had this problem before. Seems it is working fine now. With the other forum issues you and Anonymous20 have been helping me with the past two days, maybe when I made some changes it created this problem, and disable/enable "reset" everything for the login and Jetpack….at least that is my best guess.

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@moonshadows

Really strange! I removed the "prove your humanity" box, but to do that I had to disable the Brute force attack protection in JetPack. I really don't want that disabled, so I enabled it again, and despite the "prove your humanity" box reappearing, I was able to log in to the forum.

In my case, it doesn't work. I've recorded a video please watch it: https://www.screencast.com/t/CBZd0s5h5OTi

I was not able to login to your forum. 

Please try to enable the wpForo Built-in Google reCAPTCHA. All settings are available in Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Antispam Tab:

Page 1 / 2