wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Changing date

9 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
 Ger
Topic starter
(@ger)
Eminent Member

I have now a wp blog converted to wpforo. But the items have now the wrong dates (more than a year later), the day from today. It is important to set this to the original dates. How can I fix that?

8 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi Ger,

that's definitely conversion problem. How have you done this conversion? Are you sure the date are converted correctly? Could you please show some screenshot of the source database table date and the target wpForo table dates. We need make sure you've done correct conversion. If date are migrated correctly wpForo should display all correctly.

Ger
Topic starter
(@ger)
Eminent Member

No, I have converted manually. But I have seen in other forums that the administrator can change the date and the user. I understand that this is not possible in wpforo?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

When you edit topic you only can change content and title. Not all data are available for edit. Only bbPress alows you to change topic date, because it has Topic Edit option in Dashboard. There is no chance to have date edit option if you edit topic on front-end. All popular forum boards (vBulletin, XenForo, phpBB, MyBB, etc...) doesn't allow that. You should change topic and post date in database _wpforo_posts and _wpforo_topics tables.

2 Replies
(@daniellerch)

@robert

Hi, I just tried editing the date and user of a post by editing wp_wpforo_topics and wp_wpforo_posts. I see the changes in the database I do not see the changes on the site. I've cleared caches etc. Are there other database files I need to edit? Thanks.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@daniellerch

Please navigate to  Dashboard > Forum > Dashboard admin page, one by one click on the "Forum Maintenance" buttons. Then press CTRL + F5 (twice) on the frontend before checking. 

Ger
Topic starter
(@ger)
Eminent Member

Thanks, i'm trying to do that

Page 1 / 2