Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Clicking on a subtopic in one page redirects to the main forum on another page

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jcbridwe)

I have a page that houses my main forum (The parent - On Main Forum Page). Note: THe Main Forum Page is not my Home Page. Under my main forum I have several subforums (Forum A, Forum B, etc....the children). I have the short code for these subforums in individual pages ( Page A for Forum A: [wpforo item="forum" id="2"] ). My problem is that when I click on the forum to add a topic in subforum Forum A, it redirects to the Main Forum Page and the Main Forum. How do I prevent this from happening and keep the user adding a Topic to Forum A on Page A?

5 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi @jcbridwe,

Please note: The forum base URL is one for all. All shortcodes are only designed to show to the first list, but paginations and links go to the main forum page with main forum slug.

In other words, pages with custom shortcodes are not separate forums, they are just a list of current view but all content is linked to the main forum page and being opened under Base Forum URL/Slug.

2 Replies
(@jcbridwe)

So what you're saying is that there's no way to change this behavior? Would there be a way to have separate forums but link them to a main page. I just want to display all the content for each individual forum in one place.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

I'm sorry but there is no way to disable the main forum and show parts of those without navigating to the main forum page. This is not just a behavior, this is the structure of forum. There is no function to have separate forum contents. Shortcodes don't create separate content, they just list some information from the main forum, so all links and pages are still connected to the main forum.

(@emanueleperini)

To me until recently it was seen in the shortcode page, now not anymore ... how is it possible?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@emanueleperini,

I don't know how, maybe the base forum URL was updated. But the forum working logic has not changed. The forum page is only one and the all URLs of additional shortcode pages should be pointed to the main forum page. There is no way to have separate forums in a one WordPress installation.