4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
ldj72
Topic starter
(@ldj72)
Estimable Member

Hi,

I am facing a performance issue with my server. I discussed with the hosters's support team WPMUDEV, and they wrote me this:

The load has surely come down but we also found some MYISAM Tables on the site.

MyISAM tables are a type of storage engine used in MySQL databases. They are known to potentially cause MySQL servers to overload because they operate in a single core, meaning they do not utilize multiple processor cores efficiently. This limitation can lead to performance issues, especially when dealing with high loads on the server.

Converting MyISAM tables to InnoDB, another storage engine, when possible, can result in a performance boost. InnoDB is designed to handle multi-core processing more effectively, thus improving the overall performance of the database system. By making this conversion, you can optimize the database’s efficiency and potentially enhance the performance of your website or applications that rely on the MySQL database.

What's the feedback of the WPForo team about this WPMIDEV recommendation?

Are they risks? What will happen during future feedback?

Regards

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi,

Could you please check out this FAQ: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/forum-is-slow/

ldj72
Topic starter
(@ldj72)
Estimable Member

Hi,

Do these last tables exist? Because I don't find them in my DB

• wp_wpforo_likes
  • wp_wpforo_visits
1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@ldj72 

You're right; in the new version of the wpForo plugins, those tables no longer exist.