Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] css targeting question: how resize just specific forum titles and remove breadcrumbs just on the main level?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@arvedg)
Eminent Member

First let me add to all the praise here. Thank you for this amazing, amazing, amazing plugin!!

After a lot of css tweaking I am stuck with two last tasks, though the solution to both might be about the same. 

The website I am working on: www.ideasforgozo.com

1. I am trying to change the font size of one of the forum titles but not the others. Tried to target it with the forum id but it didn't help. I would like to change the size just of "Chamber of Wisdom" without changing the size of "From Talk to Action!".

Following code works for all the titles. 

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap h3.wpforo-forum-title {
font-size: 25px !important;
}

So for the Chamber of Wisdom one I tried

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap h3.wpforo-forum-title-1 {
font-size: 20px !important;
}

Tried it with the forum id and the category. Neither worked.

2. is kind of a similar issue. I would like the breadcrumbs not to show on the main page (the one and only category) - but on all other pages.  

Following removes them all, of course:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-breadcrumb {
display: none;
}

Therefore I again tried to target it with the category ID: 

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-breadcrumb-1 {
display: none;
}

Also tried 0 and 3 and others, just in case - no effect.

3. Last but not least: is it possible to get rid of the house icon in the breadcrumbs? The "House" and "Ideas for Gozo" lead to the same page (see breadcrumb at https://ideasforgozo.com/community/resources/ ).

With the first two issues it looks like I am missing something conceptually. Would anybody please be so kind and give me a helping hand, at least by directing me where to possibly find a solution?

Sorry for the long post and

Thank you!

Arved

2 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @arvedg,

1. I am trying to change the font size of one of the forum titles but not the others. Tried to target it with the forum id but it didn't help. I would like to change the size just of "Chamber of Wisdom" without changing the size of "From Talk to Action!".

Please try the following CSS code:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpf-forum-3 .wpforo-forum .wpforo-forum-title{
font-size: 30px!important;
}

Please note the red marked value can be changed.

2. is kind of a similar issue. I would like the breadcrumbs not to show on the main page (the one and only category) - but on all other pages.  

Try this CSS code:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpforo-subtop {
display:none !important;
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap.wpft-post .wpforo-subtop {
display:block !important
}
#wpforo #wpforo-wrap.wpft-topic .wpforo-subtop {
display:block !important
}

3. Last but not least: is it possible to get rid of the house icon in the breadcrumbs? The "House" and "Ideas for Gozo" lead to the same page (see breadcrumb at  https://ideasforgozo.com/community/resources/  ).

Use the following CSS code:

#wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-breadcrumb div:first-child {
display: none !important;
}

All CSS codes should be added in the Dashboard >  Forums > Settings > Styles admin page, "Custom CSS Code" textarea.

In any case please don't forget to delete all caches and press CTRL+F5(twice) on the frontend before checking.

Topic starter
(@arvedg)
Eminent Member

Hi Alvina,

Thousand and more thanks!!! I would have never figured these out. 

Thank you!

Arved