Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] different page , different forum

8 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@snozy86)
Estimable Member

Is it possible to create different pages for different forums?

7 Replies
(@martin)
Support Team

Hi @snozy86,

The forum can only be one in your website, but you can use shortcodes and display a certain category or forum or topics of certain forum in other page. But when you click on the links of forums and topic you'll be referred to the main forum page. Here are the shortcodes: https://wpforo.com/docs/root/getting-started/forum-page/wpforo-shortcodes/

Topic starter
(@snozy86)
Estimable Member

If I wanted to create four pages, and each page has it's own forum.

Do I need to know it's own forums ID? and where do I find the ID?

I really don't understand how it works. 

4 Replies
(@cookingwithdog)

Eminent Member

Hi @snozy86,

I also need multiple forums for different languages but wpForo is not able to provide such a feature at this moment. You can find more info on this topic.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wpforo-multiple-forums-on-one-wordpress/

Hope this helps.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@snozy86,

As I mentioned above there is no way to create separate forums in separate pages, you have only one forum page where you have all categories and forums. You can display one of your categories in separate page using the shortcode with that category ID. For example, if your forum has:

News Category (e.g. ID = 2)
— Sport News Forum
— Art News Forum

Genera Category (e.g. ID = 10)
— Our Forum
— Off Topic Forum

1. You can create a new page for News Category and insert this shortocde in this page: [wpforo item="forum" id="2"]

2. You can create a new page for Genera Category and insert this shortocde in that page: [wpforo item="forum" id="10"]

So you’ll have one / main forum page with all categories /community/. And you’ll have two separate  pages with separate forums. But, again, please note, that those pages' forums and topics links can’t work on that page, when you click on those link you’ll always go to the main forum page. The shortcode is only designed to display certain category, forum or topic list, it doesn't create separate working forum.

(@snozy86)

Estimable Member

@robert

Could you tell me where to find forum Id?

thank  you

Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@snozy86

Dashboard > Forums > Forums admin page

Topic starter
(@snozy86)
Estimable Member

thank you!