Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Doesn't work with Newspaper Theme

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@pitbullish)

I was wondering if you guys could recommend an excellent Theme to go with this?  I am running 5.9 and latest WooCommerce with the Newspaper Theme by Envato (themeforest).  Just found this forum tonight after not working with bbpress, buddy, or forumwp!

I really like the theme, but this WpForo doesn't play nice at all.  When I edit with their div Composer, it messes with this Forum plugin and vice versa.  It is creating a new Forum Page every time I add another Forum, and I cannot get the links to reconcile.  I have quite the mess!

So until we get caught up with 5.9 and can Integrate with Newspaper (magazine theme), I thought I would just grab another theme and split my site into 2 different domains?  I am open to any suggestions.

Also, how do I contact the Devs?  I would love to get them a licensed copy of my Theme so they can play with it (has over 110,000 users).  I would also be happy to grant access to my Admin or SSH / FTP as well so they can dig into it.

Thanks so much,
Jay

4 Replies
Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member

Hi @pitbullish,

I can recommend you Shuttle iBusiness theme which is compatible with wpForo.

About wpForo Devs, for custom work you can contact to gVectors custom Works team with sales[at]gvectors.com

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Are you sure it doesn't work with that theme? Themes _may_ have visual issues, still "it doesn't work" is not easy to happen.

You have two pages, one with "forums" slug and one with "community" slug, so i think this is "user" error (your error) and not any compatibility with the theme.

2 Replies
(@pitbullish)

@dimalifragis Very funny 🙂 

I didn't do any of that, the plugin created additional pages each and every time I added a new Forum.  Changing the slug doesn't change the content on the page!  The theme isn't compatible with this software, which is why I framed the question the way I did:  What themes are compatible with this plugin?  How do I make my website look like this one?  (I am not getting anything on the side whatsoever and no way to configure that).

I was also reaching out to the Devs.  If they are unavailable, I will uninstall and move on....Thanks!

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@pitbullish That wasn't ment to be funny. Only to help you out.

Until now, i haven't found any theme not to be compatible with wpForo, just STYLING issues that can be fixed via css.

Anyways, your theme is commercial and i can't do any tests.