wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Email to change password WITHOUT active link

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Reactions
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Hi, I just registered a fake user, myself, using a different email address and realise that the link received to change the password is not actually a link ready to be click on it and I suppose the very same thing will happened to any new registered member

Is there a way to sort this?

This is the email I received "as ordinary new registered user"

--------------------------------------------------------

Nombre de usuario: Miguel

Para restablecer la contraseña haz clic en el siguiente enlace:

https://mundopiano.es/foro-de-piano/?foro=resetpassword&rp_key=MfRbd8pqMzrtKYOTQjXM&rp_login=Miguel

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks 🙂

4 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@jesus,

It's not wpForo issue, it's your email provider issue. The email is sent by WordPress not wpForo and the link must be changed to URL if you use normal email providers like Gmail, Yahoo or most of the other email servers. It's either the HTML is disabled or your email provider security settings prevents URL to link conversion.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Robert 🙂

So do I know to which email address to make changes to (as I got various):

Where am I supposed to find said email address that I have used and to which I need to make changes?:

1 - In Wordpress escritory-configurations-general?

or

2 - In the Forums-configurations-email *From (email) box? (2nd option from the top)

Thanks again 🙂

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

Actually this is a email CLIENT issue and not a server issue.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks Dimalifragis 🙂 - but I have two different email addresses (for comfort)

One in Wordpress escritory (which is a commond Yahoo one) and the other one in WPForum configuration pages (related to the domain)

and Im not sure which one its sending said emails... so that I could act in one or the other when knowing which one is "responsible" for sending said emails to new registered users