Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Embedding Forum & Threads Without Menu/Forum Statistics Etc.

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@seanbe793)
Eminent Member

Hi,

First of, allow me to express my gratitude for the time and effort you have put in to the WPForo plugin; it's seamless, user friendly and checks all the boxes of what a standard forum should be. I should be purchasing one of the add-ons for my website soon as well.

Regarding my query, I'm aware that by using the [wpforo item="forum" id="X"] shortcode, I can embed a forum and its constituent topics on any page. The problem with this however is that using this shortcode also imports the forum menu, statistics etc. (see attached image) -- all I'd like is for the topics of a specific sub-forum to be displayed in the sidebar as this forum displays 'Recent Topics' on its sidebar here.

Is there a way to display 'Recent Topics' of a particular forum/subforum without getting all the statistics and other data along with it?

Thanks once again.

3 Replies
Topic starter
(@seanbe793)
Eminent Member

Additionally, while embedding forums -- is it possible to do so by excluding the forum sidebars?

Thanks.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

You can disable some components for all forum pages using wpForo Settings > Features admin page options, but this will disable the main forum page components as well:

For individual control you only can use CSS, there is no other option. Change the X to page ID and put it in active theme style.css or in Forums > Settings > Styles > Custom CSS Code textarea. Then save, delete all caches and do Ctrl+F5 on forum page:

body.page-id-X #wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-menu{display:none!important;}
body.page-id-X #wpforo #wpforo-wrap .wpf-breadcrumb{display:none}
body.page-id-X #wpforo #wpforo-wrap #wpforo-footer{display:none}
Topic starter
(@seanbe793)
Eminent Member

Understood, thanks for getting back!