wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Facebook sharing does not work

3 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Hi, after I have, more than apparently succesfully added the facebook share button with the API key and all the rest... when I try to share a post using the facebook button, it does not work. A page shows up saying:

Sorry, something went wrong.

We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.

Go Back

Clicking in "help" does not help as expected 🤣 . The only thing that I think that could have been wrong while creating the Api and secret key is that while inserting the website/terms (there is two urls to be incuded), the website url on the left, showed a "red cross" and it was saying "it must comply with facebook terms or something like it", yet both urls I entered didnt even exist yet...

could the above be the case of why the sharing feature its not working?

Am I making myself understood?, thanks 🙂

2 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @jesus,

I'm really sorry but we cannot help you in this issue. The problem comes from either Facebook Server or from incorrect Facebook API configuration. I recommend deleting current created API and keys and trying to create them again. Make sure your website use https protocol, and it has a valid SSL certificate.

Jesus
Topic starter
(@jesus)
Reputable Member

Thanks, I just realise this now works without me having done anything to it. Not sure if due perhaps (I dont think so) to your latest update. It works and can be closed, thanks 🙂