Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Feeling Frustrated. Colors.css is not found in the directory in Filezilla like the description would say.

7 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@jacobbiere)

Problems with colors?
After changing and saving colors, go to the forum front-end and press CTRL+F5 twice. If you don't see any change, please follow to the instruction below.

In most cases, this problem comes from your server file writing permissions. Files are not permitted to change, thus the forum color provider colors.css file is not updated with your changes. If you cannot fix this issue in hosting server, then the following easy steps can solve your problem:

1. Create colors.css file or simply download colors.css file with the CSS code provided in the textarea below
  2. Upload and replace colors.css file in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wpforo/themes/2022/ directory,
  3. Delete website cache, reset CSS file optimizer and minifier plugins caches, purge CDN data (if you have), then go to the forum front-end and press CTRL+F5 twice.

Im using Filezilla as my hosting reccomended.

Ok, So it says its there, but its not. Also I wanted to make a child theme how do I do that?

Thx for your help

Topic Tags
6 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Hi @jacobbiere

you can find the color.css here

wp-content/uploads/wpforo/assets/colors.css

for more theme changes 

https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/forum-themes/theme-customization/

or you make a copy of the 2022 theme and change the theme name in the style.css

however, this theme will be deleted with a wpForo update, so you need a backup to reinsert it

Topic starter
(@jacobbiere)

Ok so update. I found the file and replaced it but that didnt fix my problem. Im trying to turn the text white in my forum description but its proving dificult any help on the main issue. thanks tutrix

1 Reply
Tutrix
(@tutrix)

Noble Member

@jacobbiere 

please provide a url to your forum
and a screenshot of what you want to change

Topic starter
(@jacobbiere)

https://denymagazine.com/community/

the highlighted text under "skate discussion and clips" is black and cant be seen. The username on the post is white and cant be seen. as well as the post title

thats all

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@jacobbiere,

The colors CSS works fine, please go to wpForo > Colors & Styles and choose the Dark style (the last one), currently you're using the Gray style. Also, please remove all custom CSS. Once the style is changed to dark, delete all caches and check it using a private/incognito session of the browser to avoid browser cache.

Page 1 / 2