[Solved] Hide Adding Topic Tags Form on a Specific Forum?
Is there any way to hide the field where a user can enter "Topic Tags" when creating a post on a specific forum?
I love using "Topic Tags" in my "General Discussion" forum for people to ask questions, etc. But in my "Introduce Yourself" forum that is just for people coming in to introduce themselves as new members, I find it a little awkward trying to explain why they don't need to enter topic tags there — it's just confusing for them.
I would love to be able to hide them in this one forum but keep them in the other(s).
Ah, I believe I figured out the solution or at least a workaround:
- wpForo > Accesses > "Add New Forum Access"
- Use all the same selections as "Standard access" but deselect "Can add tags"
- Save it as "Standard access (No Tag Adding)" or something like this
- wpForo > Forums > click "edit" (pencil icon) on Forum you don't want tags to be added on
- Under "Forum Permissions" on the bottom right, select the Wordpress user roles you don't want to be able to add tags, and change it from "Standard access" to your new permission ("Standard access (No Tag Adding)").
- It works! 😀
- Now celebrate! 🍹