Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Few users cannot be found on the member list and there are users shown twice on the member list

11 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@smyster)

I tried all possible troubleshooting from the other topic and still the issue exists, 

there are few members that are not showing on the members list and i noticed few users are shown twice on the member list.

Please help

Thank you 

smyster

10 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@smyster,

Users are displayed twice become they are registered twice and have two accounts. There is no other way to see the same user twice.

If some user is not displayed it mean either, the user usergroup is not allowed to be shown on member list or the user is inactive (has not confirmed the registration via email).

1. Usergroup can be allowed/disabled to be shown in members page using the "Display on Members List" option in the usergroup edit screen:

2. A user should be active to be displayed on the members page. Use "unban" button if you want to activate an inactive user:

1 Reply
(@smyster)

@robert 

The user shown twice is now solved, however the main issue is the users that are not shown in the members list.

Let me try to explain what i have done so far.

So i have total of 32 users currently on the forum out of which 1 user is admin. 1 user is moderator (member of my team) and the rest are 30 users.

All users when registered gets an activation email or i activate them manually from the wp dashboard,  the forum then by default takes them under registered usergroup ( who do not have permission to view the member list ), i have then made another secondary usergroup as individual so the user who qualify will be under two usergroups registered (main) and individual (secondary). The user who are both registered and individual can view the members list. Now only "few" user having both the usergroups are not shown on the member list and even the moderator is not shown on the list. I tried changing them back to only one usergroup as registered but still they are not shown on the member list. These users were shown before but when i transferred them to secondary usergroup, then only  some of them just disappeared. I can still search them from the member search bar and see their profiles.

All the users are active and no one is banned/inactive.

Troubleshooting steps i did:

I have checked on both usergroups and selected the options of "display on member list", i have checked will all the options on "Display Usergroup under Post Author Avatar" and "Display Secondary Usergroups under Post Author Avatar" from the settings menu. ( attached images ), Reset the cache, synch the usergroups etc.

I am still not sure what might be the issue? request you to please help me in this regards.

Thank you

Topic starter
(@smyster)
1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@smyster,

These settings have nothing to do with your issue. These settings show usergroup information under  user's avatar. Please don't check/enable everithing you see with usergroup word. You'll have new problems.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@smyster,

Is your WordPress a multisite installation?

Can you show the list of all users in Dashboard > Forums > Members admin page? You can cover username and emails in the screenshot.

2 Replies
(@smyster)

@robert 

I do not think its a multisite installation.

I have attached the screenshot of all users highlighting the users that are not visible in the members list.

(@smyster)

@robert 

Also with reference to my earlier query regarding duplication of users, please see attached screen shot where there are same users shown on different pages.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

@smyster,

This is a database issue. This is not a plugin issue. Something is wrong with your database. Have you done any manipulations in directly in the database tables? Is this a migrated forum?

In any case the following steps should be done to try to fix it.

1. Navigate to Dashboard > Forum Usergroups admin page and click the [Synchronize] button. Then go to Dashboard > Forums > Dashboard and click the [Delete all caches] button

Delete other caches if you have and check it.

If the problem is not fixed, you should do the #2 step.

2. Use phpMyAdmin plugin or the phpMyAdmin tool of your hosting and find the wp_wpforo_profiles table. Backup that table, then delete all entries in this table (truncate). Then deactivate wpForo, activate it back. It'll resynchronize and create user profiles or it may ask for profile information synchronization, if so just click the suggested button. And check the members again.

2 Replies
(@smyster)

@robert 

I tried both the steps 1 & 2 it still doesn't work, now both moderator and admin are gone too along with other users from the member list ... is it because of buddypress plugin? i have an extended profile on the registration page.

Please help

Thanks

smsyter

(@smyster)

@robert 

Wow, i just changed the Number of Members per Page from 15 to 50 and boom i can see all the members, but how? anyways it solved my problem for now.. but not sure how will i control it when my users grows up to big numbers, that sure is long way to go.

Appreciate your help robert. Thank you so much.

Regards

smyster