wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Forum Falsely Appears to Have Unread Messages

6 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
 Eva
Topic starter
(@eva)

Hello there!

We just migrated to your forum software and really appreciate the features we now have access to.  However, there is something happening with Sub Forums that I don't understand.

I am using Simplified Layout for the forums.

When I create a Parent Forum with a Sub Forum, if I create a post in the Sub Forum the Parent Forum becomes highlighted immediately for me. 

There are no unread posts and there is no way to clear the Parent Forum from appearing to have unread posts. 

I will put a screenshot below.  I created Topic #1 in the Sub Forum.  If I check unread posts there are none.  Even if I go back and click on the topic in the sub forum it will still not make the highlighted parent forum go back to normal.

We would like to use the Sub Forums feature in our forum to make it more efficient, but with the Parent forum always appearing to have unread posts it is confusing for our forum participants.

Thank you!

Eva

5 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi Eva,

We're going to check the issue. I'll update the topic asap. 

3 Replies
 Eva
(@eva)

@sofy

Thank you for looking into this!  We are currently using a few Sub Forums and our members are already asking why the Parent Forum appears to have unread messages when there are none.

Any updates on this bug?

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@eva

yes we see the issue. The developers will check the issue in the next version. 

Currently, you want you can disable the Forum and Topic Viewers Tracking feature until the update. 

More info here: https://wpforo.com/community/wpforo-announcements/wpforo-1-5-4-is-released/#post-19994

Eva
(@eva)

@sofy

Thank you Sofy 😊 I will keep an eye out for the next version.

Eva
Topic starter
(@eva)

Just installed the new version update and it fixed the bug for us.  Thank you!