Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Forum is down again!

105 Posts
6 Users
28 Likes
Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member
Posted by: @robert

If you use OVH hosting, and you see the website is down,

Im on Mach 8 with A2 hosting mate. I have 2 other sites on the same server, and they are never effected by the outages or slow page speed. Just Percys Grow Room, the site with the forum on it. 

Everything seems fine right now after updating the htaccsess files. I will keep you all informed. I have said everything seems fine now many times in the last week so im not 100% hope full lol. 

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Yer everything was fine but it seems as if the page speed is climbing again 🙁 

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Host said this:

WITH RECURSIVE `forum_path` AS( SELECT `forumid`, `parentid`, 0 AS `depth` - these looks like recursive mysql queries.

is a problem that is causing mysql overlaod?

1 Reply
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom.

There is nothing bad in recursive SQLs, and they exist in almost all middle and large projects. The problem starts when some data is not passed to the recursive functions, and they are executed with some missing variables. I have already tried to turn it off in your website with this hook: https://wpforo.com/community/general-forums-bug-reports/my-site-seems-to-be-loading-slower-since-the-recent-update/paged/5/#post-56135

You can try it again. This hook turns off all recursive SQLs and switch them to the old plain SQLs.

In any case, I'd like to see the data in your wp_wpforo_forums table. I think the parent-child connections are broken for one or more forums. There is not any sensitive data in this table, so you can export it as  .sql.gz file and attach it here.

Posted by: @percysgrowroom

WITH RECURSIVE `forum_path` AS( SELECT `forumid`, `parentid`, 0 AS `depth` - these looks like recursive mysql queries.

Do you have the whole SQL command? This is the beginning part. This SQL is generated dynamically, so I need to see if something is missing.

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

Maybe because the files is very big? Can I email it to you or something?

3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

Please make sure you've only backed-up the wp_wpforo_forums table as .sql file, and then zip it. I think you cannot attach .gz file, it should be .zip. The size of this table should be less than 1MB if it's compressed as zip.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert how do i zip it?

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

Just save the .sql file in your PC and zip it with some software like 7zip: https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Topic starter
(@percysgrowroom)
Noble Member

now?

6 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

Ok, thank you, @percysgrowroom,

All is ok with your forum table. First, please try to change the table engine to MyISAM. This is better for recursive queries (make sure the hook code is removed). If the issue happens again, keep it MyISAM, then insert the hook code I've provided you before.

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert just for wpforo- forums table? Make that one Mysam?

(@martin)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

Yes, only the _wpforo_forums table.

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom,

Open the phpMyAdmin, browse the _wpforo_forums table and find the operations tab:

(@percysgrowroom)

Noble Member

@robert I have done it mate, nice one, my forum is down again though whilst the changes happen, its taking a while. Host said wait half hour and it should be working again

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@percysgrowroom ,

I don't like your hosting. Something is wrong with that, you're the only forum owner who is having such a strange issues. I think a simple vpn hosting would work many times better than yours. Something is wrong with your hosting MariaDB configuration.

Page 2 / 10