Notifications
Clear all

Forum with comments only – possible?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@krusjer1)

I am trying to make a category with some "sub-forums", and within those sub-forums the users can only comment, not make their own topics. For example if I make a category called “Travelling” and the sub-forums are USA, Australia, Vietnam, Brazil and so on then I dont want people to be able to make a topic within the forums. For example within the USA forum the users shall not have the possibility to make a topic called “California”, which others can then comment on. I just want one single continous thread, where people can answer only.

Is this possible?

I have been through settings numerous times, and I have tried the different Category layouts, Threaded, Extended and so on but cant find a solution. Hope somebody can help.

5 Replies
Tutrix
(@tutrix)
Noble Member

Hi @krusjer1 

You can set permissions for each forum
On the right side under Forum Permissions

https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/categories-and-forums/forum-layouts/

1 Reply
(@krusjer1)

@tutrix 

Thank you for the response. I think I phrased my question wrong. Maybe its more a chat-like thing Im looking for, where I make the topics and people can then comment/reply in one continous thread. Besides that I also want a blog where people can make their own topics. The reason I didnt mention this, is because this is fairly straight forward.

So what im looking for is more a forum without a category (or alternatively a category with topics only, no forum).

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)
Famed Member

"Comments" are not Comments in Forums but Replies.

Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

This FAQ should also be helpful for you: https://wpforo.com/community/postid/39664/

1 Reply
(@krusjer1)

@sofy 

Thank you I will look into that.