Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Height of members area changed with last Wordpro update 4.9.8

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
2,556 Views
Posts: 36
Topic starter
(@theo-duncker)
Eminent Member
Joined: 6 years ago

This morning I updated Wordpress to version 4.9.8. Since then I noticed the height of the members area had increased to double height and the symbols are now vertical arranged. See attached screenshot. Can I change this back to horizontal position of the symbols and half the size or less for the Area?

Kind regards,

Theo Duncker

 

4 Replies
Robert
Posts: 10503
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Joined: 8 years ago

Hi @theo-duncker,

Please leave your forum URL. Also please make sure all caches are deleted.

Posts: 36
Topic starter
(@theo-duncker)
Eminent Member
Joined: 6 years ago

Hi Robert,

The forum is for closed membership only, but I made a guest user for you. Username is RoberGuest and the password is GuestRobert. See login details in attached screenshot.

https://www.assvboogschieten.nl/community/?wpforo=signin

Kind regards, Theo Duncker

Robert
Posts: 10503
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Joined: 8 years ago

Thank you @theo-duncker,

for some reason the whole wpForo page is injected by line-break <br> tags, it creches wpForo layout and style. WordPress should not add this tag by default. This is other plugin affection or something else.

1. Please disable other plugins, delete all caches and check it again.

2. Make sure the "Enable WordPress Shortcodes in Post Content " option is disabled in Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features admin page, delete all caches and check it again.

3. If nothing helps, install the plugin Don't Muck My Markup. It adds a checkbox option to each page disabling auto insertion of <p> and <br> tags. Edit forum page and disable <br> for this page. Save it, delete all cache and check again.

Posts: 36
Topic starter
(@theo-duncker)
Eminent Member
Joined: 6 years ago

Dear Robert, 

Thanks for your help. I found with the text editor several <div codes in the page. After deleting them everything works fine again.

Kind regards, Theo Duncker