Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] How does "Unread Posts" work?

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Topic starter
(@osdotme)

Hi Everyone - This is my first post here. Thanks to WP Foro team for this very useful plugin with some amazing features. We are implementing wp-foro to enable a feature called "Questions" on the website where our community members can ask each other questions. 

My query is related to "Unread Posts" as we want to use that feature for Forum Moderation. Some doubts I have and could not find the answer in documentation or existing topics.

1. If I have a topic which is unread today and I read it. Then it would move out of unread, that is clear. But tomorrow if a new comment or reply is added to that topic. Would that topic again come back in my "unread" list?
  2. Is it possible to filter "unread" topics by speficic Forum. For ex: If I have Forum A, B and C. How can I see "unread" topics only from Forum A? If this requires development, kindly provide some guidance as we do have a developer onboard.
  3. Since "Unread Posts" would be personalized for each user. Do we need to worry about performance impact if we decide to use this feature?

Thanks again for this wonderful plugin & all the hard work that has gone behind it.

Regards  

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @osdotme,

Please find y answers below:

Posted by: @osdotme

If I have a topic which is unread today and I read it. Then it would move out of unread, that is clear. But tomorrow if a new comment or reply is added to that topic. Would that topic again come back in my "unread" list?

Yes

Is it possible to filter "unread" topics by speficic Forum. For ex: If I have Forum A, B and C. How can I see "unread" topics only from Forum A? If this requires development, kindly provide some guidance as we do have a developer onboard.

You can use the Recent Posts widget to display topics which contains unread posts from certain forums:

Since "Unread Posts" would be personalized for each user. Do we need to worry about performance impact if we decide to use this feature?

No, this is not a big resource consuming feature.

2 Replies
(@osdotme)

@robert Thank you for the answers. For the question below, the context is slightly different and I have tried to explain the same below. Kindly let me know how this requirement can be achieved.

Is it possible to filter "unread" topics by speficic Forum. For ex: If I have Forum A, B and C. How can I see "unread" topics only from Forum A? If this requires development, kindly provide some guidance as we do have a developer onboard.

I wanted to provide a link on a forum itself. For ex: This forum https://wpforo.com/community/how-to-and-troubleshooting-2/ can have a link (or a drop down) where someone can see "unread" posts for that forum. This would be useful for individual moderators so they can quickly go through any unread posts in their own forum. Note that we plan to have different moderators for different forums and want to provide a tool for moderators to quickly review all unread posts and provide responses as needed. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@osdotme,

I'm sorry, but there is no way to do this. It requires lots of custom codding that is out of our support. You can contact gVectors Custom Development Team via sales[at]gvectors.com email address and ask for a custom addon development.