Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] How to display topic title and make it stand out?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@zhangla)

Hello, 

I am using "extended" mode for displaying my forums.  However, when a topic is viewed, the topic title is only visible in the breadcrumbs.  It's tiny and not obvious. 

Is there a way to make the topic title displayed on top of the first post, and make it stand out, e.g. bold and bigger font?

If this is possible using custom CSS, please let me know. 

Thanks.

3 Replies
Topic starter
(@zhangla)

OK, I know why the topic title is not showing for me. 

I put in custom CSS to hide the forum title display, because it's redundant.  That element, wpforo-title, is where the topic title is displayed in topic view mode.  

So my question really is, is there a way to hide the forum title display when viewing the whole forum, but still show topic title in that area when viewing the topic?

Another question is, is there a way to hide/remove the "RSS feed" button that is next to the "tools" button for moderator?  My goal is to hide that whole row for regular members, because that row is taking up too much space.  Thanks.

2 Replies
(@zhangla)

I have tried to turn off this setting but it still shows the forum title

https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/settings/display-components/#show-forum-page-title

Robert
Admin
(@robert)

Support Team

@zhangla,

Please make sure you see the difference between the Forum Page title and the Forum Title. The setting only hides "Forum Page Title" not the Forum Title:

https://wpforo.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/wpForo-v2-Page-Title.pn g">wpForo-v2-Page-Title.png

I cannot follow you what exactly you want to hide, so it's better to leave a direct link to the forum page where the issue exits. Also, make sure you don't have any CSS code affecting the titles.