Notifications
Clear all

How to reduce steps for discussions

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@beginnerwpforouser)

Hello everyone I am new to wpforo and I am trying to get a 'reddit like' structure so I actually want amain forum and inside that the admin already has a topic where users can reply on that topic instead so then you have a structure like this main forum -> topic post -> users can reply on that topic post on the same page. instead of main forum -> sub forum -> topic -> responses

3 Replies
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)
Support Team

Hi,

It seems your request is regarding restricting topic creation for users, allowing only Admins to create topics while allowing others to post replies. To implement this, follow these steps:

• Navigate to Dashboard > wpForo > Accesses admin page.
  • Edit the forum access for each usergroup.
  • Uncheck the "Can create topic" checkbox for the respective usergroups.
Topic starter
(@beginnerwpforouser)

Hi, I Haven't explained it correctly. The plugin works like this right?

Main Category -> sub forums -> add topic/topics -> users can answer

What I would like is this structure:

Main Category/topic to discuss -> users can answer like Quora for example

1 Reply
Sofy
 Sofy
Admin
(@sofy)

Support Team

@beginnerwpforouser,

Could you please clarify whether users should have the ability to create topics, or if only admins are permitted to do so, while other users are restricted to posting replies?

We recommend you to check out the wpForo Threaded Layout. Please read this doc: https://wpforo.com/docs/wpforo-v2/categories-and-forums/forum-layouts/threaded-layout/

Actually, wpForo has many features and options. For example, it has 4 layouts you can choose the one you prefer:

So, please read the documentation to determine the optimal configuration for your forum preferences.