Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How will v2.0 affect everyone is who using buddypress/buddyboss?

16 Posts
7 Users
7 Reactions
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team
Posted by: @noved

For example, are you planning on adding basic features like user activity streams and user walls where users can create posts, separate from the forums? Are you going to add the ability for members to connect and add each other as friends? Are you going to add media/photo albums for members? What about membership access levels that work with a variety of payment software? Are you going to add member group pages separate from the forum? Those kinds of features are actually why many people use buddypress

In more than 50% people use it for login/register/profile page/pm and custom fields. I think in even more cases. The things you're mentioning are used by another 50% or even less people.

What about membership access levels that work with a variety of payment software?

This one has nothing to do with profile system. This is a membership plugin feature.

And yes, we're going to add the following three features, they are already in our to-do list:

• user activity streams
  • ability for members to connect and add each other as friends
  • add media/photo albums for members

Also, we'll add blog posts and comments in the activity tab with sub-tabs

So the 80% of features will be covered...

1 Reply
(@novedddd)

Trusted Member

@robert Cool, so in regards to activity streams, adding friends, and media albums,when do you anticipate these type of features will actually be available? Are you speaking in terms in a few months or are you thinking more like over a year from now?

Alvin Patrimonio
(@thecaptain)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @robert
  • user activity streams
  • ability for members to connect and add each other as friends
  • add media/photo albums for members

Also, we'll add blog posts and comments in the activity tab with sub-tabs

all I can say is, WOW!!! 

Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Trusted Member

@robert regarding the "activity stream" and "photo albums" feature..is this something that you will be implementing in early 2023 or late 2023? Also, when you say "activity stream" what do you exactly mean? Is it like a separate stream of forum posts or is it just like a social wall where you type what's on your mind? If it's going to be more of a social wall, then I would most definitely interested in that feature and I would even stop using buddypress. In fact, if you add these kinds of social features, I bet that many of your customers would switch to just using wpforo instead of buddypress. As you know, it's a real pain to always run both plugins since they can often be problematic with bugs when you're merging the two.

NSH
 NSH
(@studio500)
Estimable Member

Have subscribed to this, just in case there are any updates to the questions raised. 😁

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

This topic is closed. I'll open this topic and add more information once I got something new. Here is the status of the features:

• added in the to-do list         | user activity streams
  • added in the to-do list         | ability for members to add each other as friends
  • removed from the to-do list | add media/photo albums for members
  • added in the to-do list         | new widgets related to members

wpForo has Usergroups and Forum Accesses that can be used to provide access to certain forum. So the access level can be controlled by wpForo without any issue. It can also be integrated with other membership plugins because wpForo usergroups are synched with WordPress User Roles.

If the access levels of a membership plugin is based on User Roles, it'll work for wpForo as well. Once the access level (user role) is changed by some membership plugin, wpForo changes the usergroup as well and provides corresponding access to certain forums. You can find more information in related topic:

https://wpforo.com/community/?wpfs=paid+membership&wpfin=tag

Page 2 / 2