Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How will v2.0 affect everyone is who using buddypress/buddyboss?

16 Posts
7 Users
7 Likes
Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Trusted Member

How will this affect everyone is who using buddypress/buddyboss? Will the older integrations still be working after the updates? All of the buddypress notifications etc?

15 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @noved,

All is left the same with BuddyPress integration. There should not be any issue. The only thing that is changed is the new wpForo nice profile system with lots of new features. So you should decide if you still need to keep BuddyPress or other profile builder plugins. wpForo Profile System with login/register features can fully replace any profile builder plugin so it's up to you to keep BuddyPress with wpForo 2.0.

1 Reply
(@kezeo)

Estimable Member

@robert I agree it can replace buddypress for miost of features but it lacks on some basics things. wordpress is a blogging solution , we should have a tab "my blog posts" and a wall. regards

Alvin Patrimonio
(@thecaptain)
Estimable Member

hi @robert

are there any plans to develop a members' widget? similar to that of buddypress'.

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member
@thecaptain,
Posted by: @thecaptain

are there any plans to develop a members' widget? similar to that of buddypress'.

yes. After finishing with 2.x update issues.

2 Replies
Alvin Patrimonio
(@thecaptain)

Estimable Member

thanks very great news! thanks for the info @chris 😊

Alvin Patrimonio
(@thecaptain)

Estimable Member

@chris hi! any update on the members' widget? so looking forward to this.

Topic starter
(@novedddd)
Trusted Member

@robert I'm sure many people here would love to replace buddyboss/buddypress (myself included) but there are many, many features that are missing from wpforo before that ever happens. For example, are you planning on adding basic features like user activity streams and user walls where users can create posts, separate from the forums? Are you going to add the ability for members to connect and add each other as friends? Are you going to add media/photo albums for members? What about membership access levels that work with a variety of payment software? Are you going to add member group pages separate from the forum? Those kinds of features are actually why many people use buddypress. It's not just about having basic user profiles. I'd say that unless you plan on wpforo having those kinds of basic social networking features, wpforo is really still just a wordpress forum plugin that cannot replace buddypress.

2 Replies
dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@noved ... but wpForo is a forum (bulleting board) plugin.

(@novedddd)

Trusted Member

@dimalifragis Correct, that's my entire point.... please read previous posts above. I was responding to @robert's suggestion of the unrealistic possibility of ever replacing buddypress since wpforo is really just a forum plugin. Robert and others have suggested that wpforo can "replace" buddypress, when the reality is that unless wpforo turns into a social networking software, that replacing buddypress isn't a possibility for most people who choose to use it.

Page 1 / 2