Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Solved] Is it possible to show a message to not logged in users?

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 WUCW
Topic starter
(@wucw)
Eminent Member

I want to hide the forum for not logged in users, but at the same time I also want to show a message or image to not logged in users, so that I can engage them to become members.

Is that possible?

Thanks 🙂

/OKEIwebbureau

6 Replies
Alvina
(@alvina)

Hi @okeiwebbureau,

I want to hide the forum for not logged in users

You just need to go to the Dashboard > Forums > Forums admin page, edit each forum one by one, and set the "No Access" forum access for Guest Usergroup. All users who are in Guest Usergroup will not be able to view that forum and topics in that forum. Because the "No Access" forum access permissions are set this way by default:

• NO Can view forum
  • NO Can view topic
  • NO Can view replies

More info here: https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/

but at the same time I also want to show a message or image to not logged in users, so that I can engage them to become members.

I'll suggest you check out the wpForo "Admin note/message on Forum frontend" feature (Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Misc admin page). 

The Admin message will be displayed under the forum breadcrumb menu, above forum and topic titles. You can display the text for certain usergroups. 

WUCW
Topic starter
(@wucw)
Eminent Member

Wonderful - thanks a lot 😀 

wpForo is really a great forum plugin.

/OKEIwebbureau

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@okeiwebbureau,

We'd really appreciate and be thankful if you leave a good review on plugin page. This is the best way to say thank you to this project and support team.

WUCW
Topic starter
(@wucw)
Eminent Member

Done 🙂

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wpforo-is-really-a-great-forum-plugin/

/OKEIwebbureau

1 Reply
Alvina
(@alvina)

@okeiwebbureau,

Thank you for the good review.

Please remove the link from the review page, as far as it is not allowed. Otherwise, your review will be deleted by WordPress moderators.

WUCW
Topic starter
(@wucw)
Eminent Member

Ohhhh.....I didn't know that 🤔 

Done.

/OKEIwebbureau