Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Is there an account approval option?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@douglascward)
Eminent Member

Hi, I have built a form for my client. I really like your product, but my client is really struggling with the concept that anyone can register for an account and immediately start posting topics. I understand that I can set it so that the topics can be moderated, but I was able to log into WordPress as the new user and approve my own comment! Is there any way to set things up so that a user can register, but can't do ANYTHING until an admin approves the account? 

5 Replies
(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

Registrations and logins are handled by Wordpress script and not wpForo. wpForo provides "a form" for it.

I'm pretty sure you can find a Wordpress plugin that does what you want at Wordpress.org.

1 Reply
(@douglascward)

Eminent Member

@anonymous20

But am I correct that a new user can log into WordPress and approve their own topic? This seems like a problem. 

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

I don't understand what you say. A new user approve their own topic ?

New user registrations (ACCOUNTS) are done VIA Wordpress script and not wpForo.

You asked "Is there an account approval option" and i replied. If you mean something else, please explain better.

1 Reply
(@douglascward)

Eminent Member

@anonymous20

No kidding. If I register, I can then log into the WordPress back-end and approve my own topic:

https://www.screencast.com/t/rzneaHEtC  

This ENTIRELY bypasses admin moderation. 

(@anonymous20)
Noble Member

@douglascward If the above happens (a user can moderate his own posts) then you have a wrong setup in wpForo settings and permissions.

There are plenty of faq of wpForo on how to setup the various levels of permissions.

All-in-all, this is a wrong (and dangerous) setup. Redo it.