Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] keeping forums from certain types of people

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mi-ning)
Eminent Member

We have this forum , and was only using if for verified members, but it would be nice if nonverified members could access other forums, and still have an account

Lets say I want a forum for a support problem - any user could join and post 

but some of my members only groups - only the verified members (I have a way to verify them)

I have a  Paid Memberships Pro plugin, but I don't know if you work with it, it is nice because it supports payments and a lot of options

but someone might now a scenerio how I can achieve this.  currently my registration is closed, I do things manually, we had a big list of 12,000 people who are part of a group and already verified, so I just uploaded the CSV

now I want to open registration but now I must have a way to control who is verified to see certain forums and who is not.

Any thoughts ? thanks

8 Replies
Topic starter
(@mi-ning)
Eminent Member

I found a solution I think, under Groups now I have to figure out how to enable registration to people who default to registered but not verified.

1 Reply
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@mi-ning,

I don't follow you, can you explain correctly

Topic starter
(@mi-ning)
Eminent Member

We are a organisation assisting certified land grant heirs.  I will import these verified certified lists and mark them in your groups as verified.

It sucks i have to do registration manually at the moment.

But there are no certified heirs that also want to join 

But i don't want them to see certian content so i was happy to find your groups

So if i enable registration again how can I default new users to non verified for example your registered default group?

Eventually i will use a membership plugin to also restric other content 

Do you work with a membership plugin like paid membership pro?

Chris
(@chris)
Famed Member
Posted by: @mi-ning

We are a organisation assisting certified land grant heirs.  I will import these verified certified lists and mark them in your groups as verified.

It sucks i have to do registration manually at the moment.

But there are no certified heirs that also want to join 

But i don't want them to see certian content so i was happy to find your groups

So if i enable registration again how can I default new users to non verified for example your registered default group?

Read the below topic about wpForo Usergroups, Forum Accesses and WordPress User Roles

https://wpforo.com/community/faq/wordpress-user-roles-wpforo-usergroups-and-forum-accesses/

Posted by: @mi-ning

Eventually i will use a membership plugin to also restric other content 

Do you work with a membership plugin like paid membership pro?

wpForo is not integrated with that plugin, so I can't say how will the two plugins react to each other.

Please read this topic, it may be helpful for you:

https://wpforo.com/community/general-discussions/wpforo-integrate-with-s2member/

If you need more information/help, let us know.

Topic starter
(@mi-ning)
Eminent Member

Thanks ok the articles did not mention how to choose default user group at registration time 

3 Replies
Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@mi-ning,

Go to Dashboard > Forums > Usergroups and set as Default the Usergroup you want

After that check Role-Usergroup Synchronization option from Dashboard > Forums > Settings > Features Tab. If the Role-Usergroup Synchronization option is Enabled, go to Dashboard > Settings > General find New User Default Role   and select the user role which is synchronized with the wpForo one.

(@mi-ning)

Eminent Member

@chris thanks so any new user created through WordPress registration will be the default user group correct?

Chris
(@chris)

Famed Member

@mi-ning, no matter WordPress registration or wpForo, wpForo uses WordPress registration just with design customization. You can try to create a test user and check how does the changes work.