Clear all

[Solved] Less than 50% of reCAPTCHA Attempts are Successful

8 Posts
4 Users
2 Reactions
Topic starter
(@iamryanash)
Eminent Member

With v2 of reCAPTCHA running, I'm getting this message from Google. Does anyone know what might cause this or ways to troubleshoot what's going on?

We detected that your site is verifying reCAPTCHA passed solutions less than 50% of the time. This could indicate a problem with your integration with reCAPTCHA. Please see our developer site for more information.

7 Replies
Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Hi @iamryanash,

I'd recommend delete the API Key and configure it again. Also, make sure you only use wpForo reCAPTCHA. if you have other reCAPTCHA plugins, please remove them.

Topic starter
(@iamryanash)
Eminent Member

@robert, I just figured out that this is apparently not a Google reCAPTCHA issue. When a user attempts to login with an invalid password, instead of being told the password's invalid, they get a message (after the page refreshes) saying the reCAPTCHA is invalid. Any idea what this might be happening and why they don't get an error about their login issue?

4 Replies
adisaputro
(@adisaputro)

Estimable Member

@iamryanash You can use alternative captchas other than Google reCAPTCHA, such as hCaptcha. You need to install a specific plugin for that, and you can find it on the wordpress.org website.

(@iamryanash)

Eminent Member

@adisaputro how does this relate to WP Foro? I don't see any way to use another CAPTCHA service for the forum login, and I don't understand how using another CAPTCHA service would fix how users are not being told their login's invalid.

dimalifragis
(@dimalifragis)

Famed Member

@iamryanash Don't use wpForo login but Wordpress login and a recaptcha vs 3 plugin.

adisaputro
(@adisaputro)

Estimable Member

@iamryanash You can install the hCaptcha plugin, activate the captcha option for the registration and login forms, and apply it to the post_type of both posts and pages. Then, hCaptcha will automatically appear on the registration and login forms in wpForo.

Topic starter
(@iamryanash)
Eminent Member

Turns out that there's a setting in WordFence to hide errors on invalid logins. If that's enabled, one will get the reCAPTCHA error when the login's invalid. Weird, but it is what it is.