Notifications
Clear all

wpForo 1.x.x [Closed] Mass sign-ups

14 Posts
7 Users
1 Likes
(@initx)

@anonymous3542, WP-Bruiser seems really good !

But do you think it will protect the wp-foro's registration form as well ? Because in their extensions's list, there're a lot of plugins (such as gravityforms, contact forms etc.)  but wp-foro does is not listed...

1 Reply
(@anonymous3542)

Honorable Member

@initx wpForo uses the WordPress registration system, therefore, wp-bruiser should protect this by default. I can't attest accurately, as I use ultimate member for user management. 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

WP-Bruiser allows to switch to “Test Mode” – for testing. Just enable it and test. For more information please contact to WP-Bruiser support team.

(@initx)

That sounds good. I'll give it a try as you mentioned and see the results.

Thank you very much Robert and anonymous3542 👍!

chuzz
(@chuzz)

This signup issue is a real problem.

Plugins are not working well for me and seem to be overcomplicated to enable. I'm confused and have more spam signups than ever.

What is worse I have legit members being banned by plugins that let the spammers through.

I think WPforo is great, I have paid for many of the addons but this bot registration is the bane of the whole process.

Please could you build in or have an easy add on ( that doesn't cost by subscription) that just sorts it out?

I for one would be very grateful.

Ban the spam!  😡  🤬 

Robert
Admin
(@robert)
Support Team

Have you enabled built in reCAPTCHA for Registration and Login forms in Dashboard > Forums > Tools > Antispam Tab?

Page 2 / 3